Warm weather means only one thing- you have a valid excuse to eat ice cream multiple times a day. Whether you prefer a simple cone of a classic flavor, or a crazy frozen creation, these NYC ice cream shops have it all. Tried and true, here are some of the best to make it easier for you when all you need is a sweet scoop.

1. ICE & VICE

Ice Cream

Photo courtesy of @iceandvice on Instagram

This LES ice cream shop is far from basic. Some of its classic flavors are Basic B (Mexican vanilla, black lava sea salt) and Nuts of Wrath (Marcona almonds, grape Kool-aid jam). They have some newer flavors like the 9AM (doughnut truffle with Vietnamese coffee) and Three Little Pigs (salted caramel with bacon butter and bacon praline). There are also a couple of sorbets like Happy Panda (black rice horchata, coconut cream, and Saigon cinnamon).

2. Oddfellows Ice Cream

Ice Cream

Photo courtesy of @oddfellowsnyc on Instagram

Oddfellow’s thing is out of the ordinary homemade ice cream. They offer a long list of fresh, tasty and unique flavors at their Brooklyn and Manhattan shops. You can still get the semi-basics such as Tahitian Vanilla, Coffee Crunch, and Chocolate Chunk, but they also provide a a rotating list of more creative fare, like Buttermilk Spiced Apple, Black Chocolate Stout and Beet Goat Cheese & Candied Pistachio.

3. Davey’s Ice Cream

Ice Cream

Photo courtesy of @daveysicecream on Instagram

If you’re looking for tried-and-true flavors that are made from scratch, then this is the place for you. Graphic designer-turned-ice cream maker David Yoo churns out unbeatable classics such as cookies ‘n’ cream and peppermint chip, but also plays around with limited-edition specials (Red Velvet Oreo, anyone??)

4. Morgenstern’s Finest Ice Cream

Ice Cream

Photo courtesy of @morgensternsnyc on Instagram

Ice cream magician Nick Morgenstern is the brains behind this popular LES parlor. His ice cream is known for its unique production method that enhances the taste by decreasing butterfat and sugar content. Flavors include salted chocolate, raw milk, durian banana and Vietnamese coffee.

5. Big Gay Ice Cream

Ice Cream

Photo courtesy of @dailyfoodfeed on Instagram

For those of us who swear by soft-serve, this native New Yorker is an all time favorite. Proprietors Douglas Quint and Bryan Petroff got their start in town in 2009, serving fun cups and cones out of a truck. The truck has since temporarily retired, but Quint and Petroff have opened two storefronts in the East and West Villages. Go for the classic Salty Pimp, a delectable chocolate-dip covered vanilla ice cream cone combined with Dulce de Leche and sea salt.

6. 10Below Ice Cream

Ice Cream

Photo courtesy of @10belowicecream on Instagram

10Below uses a technique inspired by ice cream shops in Thailand, in which they pour cream on top of super cold metal containers which cause it to freeze rapidly. They scoop it up with a spatula to create the delicate, insta-worthy rose shaped curls they have become known for. They also have creative flavors such as Monkey Business (hazelnut, banana, and chocolate syrup) and Honey Boo Boo (raspberry, blueberry, and honey).

7. Mikey Likes It Ice Cream

Ice Cream

Photo courtesy of @mikeylikesiticecream on Instagram

Michael Cole started this East Village scoop shop after a marijuana conviction, via a nonprofit organization that schools ex-convicts on entrepreneurship. He produces whimsical flavors that reference pop culture with humanitarian twist. A percentage of profits is donated to school programs that benefit underprivileged youths in NYC. The pop culture-inspired flavors, think Cool Runnings (coconut with dark chocolate shavings and toasted almonds) and Southern Hospitality (pecan pie and pralines), are amazing on their own and even better when sandwiched between fresh-pressed waffles in the Mac Daddy.

8. Sundaes & Cones

Ice Cream

Photo courtesy of @_sundaesandcones on Instagram

This East Village ice cream parlor could have come straight out of the pages of a shabby-chic magazine. The decor gives the place an intriguing feminine tea party feel. Their flavors are far from ordinary, ranging from Chocolate to Corn to Lavender. They also have some Asian inspired flavors such as Red Bean and Black Sesame.

9. Ample Hills Creamery

Ice Cream

Photo courtesy of @amplehills on Instagram

Brian Smith’s ice cream was so popular when he first opened this place that the former sci-fi writer was forced to expand his production after just four days in business. The original Prospect Heights shop is still producing countless seasonal flavors every year. In addition there is now a shop at the southern edge of Brooklyn Bridge Park. Flavors change daily thanks to the high turnover, but a fan favorite is the “munchies.” It takes pretzel-infused ice cream and mixes it with potato chips, pretzels, Ritz crackers and mini M&M’s.

10. Van Leeuwen Artisan Ice Cream

Ice Cream

Photo courtesy of @vanleeuwenicecream on Instagram

With four stores and six trucks, these old fashioned scoop shops sell products made fully from scratch in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. The dairy is the highest quality and all other ingredients are sourced from small scale producers, mainly in NYC. Flavor options are simple yet sophisticated with popular ones being Pistachio, Ginger, and Earl Grey Tea. They are also well known for their vegan line with equally delicious flavors such as Mint Chocolate Chip and Salted Caramel.

11. Chloe’s Soft Serve Fruit

Ice Cream

Photo courtesy of @chloesfruit on Instagram

While its not technically ice cream, Chloe’s is a must try. The fruit-only soft serve at this sunny storefront may sound a bit too healthy, but it tastes so good you would never know. The Crunchy Salty, a banana and dark chocolate twist topped with pretzels, peanut butter and melted fudge, is as decadent as any frozen dairy dessert out there.