With the Fourth of July rapidly approaching, channel your inner (and outer) American by checking out these classic eateries on your next road trip. You can find your favorite U.S. comfort food classics all over the map, whether you’re making a stop in Nashville, New York, Chicago, L.A or anywhere in between.

1. Loveless Cafe in Nashville, TN

American

Photo courtesy of Wikipedia

Known for their flaky biscuits and fried chicken, this southern joint will be sure to satisfy your cravings for classic southern comfort food. Although a bit of a hike from downtown Nashville, the biscuits alone make the few extra miles worth the drive. 

2. Thunder Burger & Bar in Washington, DC

American

Photo by Mithila Samak

Thunder Burger is taking an alternative spin on an American classic, the hamburger with meat choices like bison, turkey, lamb and elk. Thunder Burger takes their burgers to the next level by adding toppings that compliment each unique meat. But if their choices aren’t enough for you, you can opt to create your own burger.

3. Devil Dawgs in Chicago, IL

American

Photo by Will Ekern

Devil Dawgs may be a small joint located in the swanky neighborhood of Lincoln Park, but they whip up some amazing Chicago style hotdogs year round. A DePaul University hotspot, you can expect to find a young crowd enjoying the classic snap of a hotdog before they take their first bite.

4. John’s Roast Pork in Philadelphia, PA

American

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

The name may be deceiving, but John’s Roast Pork is throwing together some of the best Philly cheese steaks the U.S. has to offer. Their succulent ribeye and real cheese slices melt together on the grill to create a truly unique spin on an American classic. Make sure to get in line early as they are always busy.

5. The Redhead in New York City, NY

American

Photo courtesy of theredheadnyc.com

The Redhead in New York takes authentic American produce and lets it inspire their dishes. You’ll be able to find fresh farm-to-table meals within your budget, all inspired by their findings at the local farmers’ market. Make sure to try their juicy fried chicken with a side of mixed greens to taste the best the U.S. has to offer.

6. Denver Biscuit Company in Denver, CO

American

Photo courtesy of denbisco.com

With cinnamon rolls the size of your head, it’s no surprise that this Denver eatery is an American favorite. Although their cinnamon rolls are out of this world, their claim to fame are their biscuits. Try the DBC club for a biscuit sandwich with crispy fried chicken, bacon and sharp cheddar that will have you singing the national anthem after your first bite.

7. Fox Brothers Bar-B-Q in Atlanta, Georgia

American

Photo courtesy of foxbrosbbq.com

Nothing says America quite like another barbecue joint, but this one cooks up a lot more than your classic pulled pork and ribs. They have some pimento cheese that’s out of this world, so make sure you order their signature Fox Bros Burger to get your fix of classic American flavors: meat, cheese and carbs.

8. Odd Duck in Austin, TX

American

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Odd Duck in Austin, Texas cranks out some of the best local cuisine Austin has to offer for lunch and dinner, but the real winner is their classic American brunch. With unusual menu items like avocado yogurt and goose egg, you’ll be rethinking your definition of the classic American breakfast.

9. Vibrato Grill Jazz in Los Angeles, CA

American

Photo courtesy of vibratogrilljazz.com

This steakhouse is known for their juicy steaks and decadent sides. But at night, the steakhouse turns into a hip jazz lounge. Enjoy your filet mignon with some wine and American jazz. The only way you could only get any more American was if you were reading the constitution.

10. Jacques-Imo’s Cafe in New Orleans, LA

American

Photo courtesy of amountainofcrushedice.com

Although this cafe doesn’t serve up classic barbecue or burgers, they do capture the essence of America by showcasing their diverse options. This cajun restaurant shows us that being an American is a lot more than just burgers, fries and steaks.

11. Biscuit Bitch in Seattle, WA

American

Photo courtesy of snapwidget.com

Only in America would you find a biscuit cafe that uses a curse word to name their joint. With gluten free options and names on their menu like “Easy Bitch” and “Hot Mess Bitch,” there is no way you wouldn’t have a good time chowing down on biscuit sandwiches and sipping on your favorite beer while singing “Proud to be An American.”