After a few months on campus, deciding between Qdoba, Papa John's and Jimmy Johns on Wells St. can get boring. If you're looking for an escape from the ordinary, fresh meals lie just outside Marquette's limits. By using Zip Car or your bus pass, the possibilities are endless.

Here are 10 places to try when Wells St. just won't cut it. 

1. Whole Foods

Located only 2.9 miles from campus, Whole Foods exclusively offers foods without artificial preservatives, colors, flavors and other sweeteners.

If you're not in the mood to grocery shop, don't worry. Whole Foods offers a cafe inside that holds true to their brand's promise of keeping all food natural. 

2. Target

Target is another great alternative for fresh and healthy foods. Located just four miles from campus, Target offers the essentials for a bargain.

Also, Target has offers chain restaurants inside such as Pizza Hut, Starbucks, as well as others.

3. Chipotle Mexican Grill

Chipotle is only 1.6 miles from campus, offering healthy options such as, tacos, burritos, burrito bowls and salad for under $10.

Compared to Chipotle's chips and a side of hot salsa and guac, Qdoba queso just does not measure up.

4. Panera Bread 

Panera is located right next to Chipotle, offering a cure-all from soups, salads, pastries, sandwiches and so much more for under $10. 

Additionally, if you make frequent trips to Panera you will build up free incentives like a free pastry, coffee and side which is always a bonus. 

5. Noodles and Company

Noodles is located in the same shopping center as Chipotle and Panera. Their menu primarily contains pasta dishes, but they also have salads and tasty sides. Additionally, Noodles is aware of calorie counters, offering meals under 500 calories and even gluten free options. 

6. Jamba Juice

Jamba is located just a few stores down from Chipotle, Panera and Noodles, basically just load up while your here, you'll need it to survive in the food desert.

Jamba not only offers smoothies, but offers fresh pressed juices, energy shots and protein packed açaí bowls all for under $10.

7. Milwaukee Public Market

The Public Market is located 1.2 miles from campus, offering a unique food experience from local venders freshly made one of a kind food.

The prices vary at the market depending on the vender and the product. However, after selecting freshly made food, you can enjoy it from second floor seating which overlooks the market below.

8. The Vanguard

The Vanguard is a modern pub located 3.8 miles from campus, offering homemade sausage from the classic brat to vegan Italian. The Vanguard also serves brunch, offering Bloody Mary's, duck noodles and everything in between. 

9. Zak's Cafe

Located just outside of the Third Ward, Zak's Cafe is one of the best brunch places in Milwaukee. Zak's serves up gourmet comfort food, from Brioche French Toast to Biscuits and Gravy. 

10. Blue's Egg

Only five miles from campus lies another great brunch location: Blue's Egg. They offer American style entrees, pastries and one-of-a-kind beverages. Personally, the roast pumpkin-stuffed French Toast, monkey bread and freshly squeezed orange juice got my tastebuds salivating. 

Now that you have 10 new places to try, free yourself from the food desert and treat yourself to healthy comfort foods outside of Marquette's limits.