I used to think I loved World Market. With their unique wall art, brightly colored kitchenware, and surprising variety of lampshades, it was an interior design heaven. Then one day I ventured beyond the picture frames and Neroli petal scented candles, and stumbled upon something wondrous: the candy section. Not just your run of the mill Walmart candy section – it was the international candy section.

Candy

Photo by Greer Hackett

If you’re like me and had not yet ventured down the back aisles of World Market, heads up – it can get a little overwhelming. With aisles on aisles housing foreign delectables, you just have to know what to look for. Which is why I took the liberty of creating a list of treats you need to make a beeline for.

These sweets are numbered in the order in which they were sampled. Numbering has nothing to do with ranking. Although the Coconut Chimes really did rock my world…

1. Green Tea Kit Kats

Candy

Photo by Greer Hackett

I first tried these on the way to the movies one night, and I remember these heavenly wafers more than I remember the film. Creamier and lighter than your average Kit Kat, the green tea flavor is subtle and airy. They’re the candied embodiment of Daft Punk – at first you’ll say to yourself “I’m not really sure I like this.” The flavor is surprising, almost jarring, but you’ll go back for more every time. At first out of confusion, then out of love.

2. Peach Puré Gummies

Candy

Photo by Greer Hackett

For those who like a little sour with their sweet, these Japanese candies satisfy. They’re sort of like the sour version of Peachy O’s, but don’t be fooled—these innocent hearts pack a punch. Big zings come in small packages.

3. Ritter Sport Chocolate with Cornflakes

Candy

Photo courtesy of ritter-sport.de

My personal favorite movie snack is Nestle’s Buncha Crunch. I mix it in with some buttery popcorn and I’m a happy camper. This Ritter Sport is reminiscent of a Crunch bar, but with quality chocolate (sorry Nestle), crunchier bunches and bunchier crunches. Yeah, it’s a thing. Also, fun fact about cornflakes—apparently they were invented as part of an anti-masturbation crusade in 1894.

4. Gustaf’s Dutch Licorice

Candy

Photo by Greer Hackett

Shout out to my kitty queens and Jaegermasters, Gustaf’s black licorice is coming in hot. And trust me, there are the cat’s meow. These kitten-shaped nuggets are soft and super chewy, perfect for my licorice lovas. Side note, they would make ideal Halloween candy. Pin that ish.

5. Rademaker Hopjes Koffie Bonbons

Candy

Photo courtesy of hellosubscription.com

I’m a big coffee drinker, and these Dutch candies give me the same feeling I get when I go through the drive-thru at Dunkin Donuts and they make my coffee exactly the way I like it. Creamy, and not too sweet. (Spoon Tip: These candies are not a suitable cure for coffee breath….)

6. Quadratini Coconut Wafers

Candy

Photo courtesy of worldmarket.com

These cookies are #1 in Italy for a reason, people!

7. Walnut Whip

Candy

Photo by Greer Hackett

This one made it on the list solely because it fascinated me. Turns out this “chocolate swirl with a fondant center” is a glorified chocolate covered marshmallow with a walnut top hat. Simple and delicious for the minimalists.

8. Coconut Chimes

Candy

Photo courtesy of chimesgourmet.com

These Chimes will make your entire mouth feel like it went on a journey. Not the “I’m dragging myself to Publix because all I left in the fridge is mayonnaise” kind of journey, but the Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee hiking to Mount Doom kind of journey. These Malaysian candies are made with fresh coconut milk and caramelized cane sugar to create “a toasty toffee that will tango on your tongue!” It is literally the best toffee you will ever have. And they’re vegan, so that’s cool.

9. Terry’s Chocolate Orange

Candy

Photo by Greer Hackett

Usually I’m not a big fan of mixing citrus and chocolate, but Terry is my exception. The goodness of this chocolate orange has many levels—before you experience the perfectly balanced, smooth taste of the chocolate itself, you have to open it. One swift karate chop to the center of the sphere and your orange is broken into slices. Hiyah.

10. TCHO Mokkacino

Candy

Photo courtesy of september82.com

Weirdly enough, the first thing I thought of when I tried TCHO Mokkacino was the airport. A cappuccino is my drink of choice when I’m traveling, and this TCHO Mokkacino chocolate actually tastes better than a Starbucks cappuccino. Made with real Blue Bottle Coffee, the richness of the coffee blends perfectly with caramelized milk chocolate.

And just like that, after a few candy wrappers and a stomach ache, a go-to list for an adult trick-or-treating adventure was made. Go crazy, kids.