New Orleans, also known as the “Big Easy,” isn’t so easy when the temperature soars up to almost 100° F. There’s no need to sweat about getting cool this summer because I’ve got you covered. From snowballs to frozen yogurt, bubble tea and beyond, try one of these 10 delicious spots for a refreshing frozen treat.

1. Creole Creamery

nola

Photo courtesy of @penguin1_4sam on Instagram

The Creole Creamery is first on the list because you just can’t not go here. The main shop is conveniently located on Prytania Street, one block over from the cute and trendy stores on Magazine Street, and takes you back in time to the old-style ice cream parlor. Maybe you’re up for the Tchoupitoulas Challenge: Finish an entire Tchoupitoulas sundae and your name will forever stay on the Wall of Fame.

2. Yogurtland

nola

Photo courtesy of yogurtland.com

If you’re looking for something on the lighter side, Yogurtland is the place for you. Yogurtland is one of the few frozen yogurt shops in New Orleans, but it’s conveniently located in Uptown. With a rotation of delicious flavors from pistachio to pineapple and an assortment of toppings, you can fill your cup up with an abundance of frozen treats. I recommend trying the pistachio and original tart with yogurt chips, coconut, and frosted animal crackers.

3. Hansen’s Sno-Bliz

nola

Photo courtesy of @andreamurphy82 on Instagram

Everybody loves Hansen’s. For 77 years, this authentic snowball shop draws a crowd rain or shine. With the outlandish combinations of shaved ice and frozen toppings, everyone is assured to walk away happy. If you’re looking to mix things up, I recommend trying the banana shaved ice topped with bananas foster.

4. Sucre

nola

Photo by Alana Babington

nola

Photo courtesy of shopsucre.com

This decadent sweet boutique is also a must. A little on the higher-end side, Sucre is a fun place to stop in and look at all the beautiful macaroons, cakes, pastries, the list goes on. While you’re looking around, you might as well choose from one of the delicious gelato flavors that are handmade daily and enjoy the serenity of Sucre before making your way back out onto the hot streets of New Orleans.

5. La Divina Gelateria

nola

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

It isn’t called La Divina Gelateria for no reason. Stop by this artisan gelateria for a coffee or a tasty salad followed by a scoop of this divine dessert. Handmade daily, the gelato and sorbet are light and fluffy while simultaneously rich and creamy. Even Chef John Besh, a renowned New Orleans Chef, claimed it was the best ice cream he ever tasted.

6. Meltdown Gourmet Popsicles

nola

Photo courtesy of usatoday.com

With a variety of all natural frozen pops, Meltdown is the perfect place to stop in, grab your pop, and walk on. This trendy new popsicle shop is located in the Bywater district, which is just east of the French Quarter and the perfect area to walk around without all the touristy crowds. From the gelato flavors, like the salted caramel, to organic fruit flavors, like the lavender or the pineapple cilantro popsicles, there is the perfect pop for everyone.

7. Imperial Woodpecker Sno-balls

nola

Photo courtesy of iwsnoballs.com

These hip and trendy snowballs are the perfect, refreshing treat to cool you down. Imperial Woodpecker Sno-balls originated in Manhattan, but luckily opened a store in the Big Easy, the home of the snowball. The vibe is always fun and lively, and you are assured a great tasting snowball whether you’re craving something fruity like tangerine or something more sweet like Mardi Gras King Cake. You won’t be let down by these cute snowballs.

8. Plum Street Snoballs

nola

Photo courtesy of tulane.edu

Plum Street Snoballs is the place to grab your quick snowball that will keep you cool in the New Orleans heat. This colorful vintage stand is the perfect opportunity to experience the unique New Orleans snowball tradition. There might be a line, but these colorful snowballs are worth the wait.

9. Honeydeux 

nola

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

nola

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Honeydeux is the exotic new cafe on Magazine Street that has people talking. Straying from the typical bubble tea house, Honeydeux perfectly captures the freshness of a frozen treat. From iced coffee with tapioca pearls to shaved ice with fresh fruit to a multitude of festive boba drinks, Honeydeux is the perfect quirky frozen treat destination for you.

10. Daiquiris

nola

Photo courtesy of seriouseats.com

nola

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Last but definitely not least, stop by Daiquiris to be swept into the lively, stereotypical NOLA scene. With an assortment of flavors to try, from the standard Margarita or Strawberry Daiquiri to the more exotic Louisiana Hard Lemonade or Banana Banshee, these festive drinks will cool you right down. Daiquiris has a drink for everyone, serving extra hard drinks and the regular daiquiris, as well as virgin daiquiris. And what’s more? Daiquiris is located throughout New Orleans and some locations even have a drive thru!