Now that the end is near, I'd like to take a moment to reflect on all of the fine eateries that have made my USD experience all the more amazing. If you haven't hit all of these up at least once at this point, be sure to take care of that before you dive head first into the real world. 

1. Dirty Birds

Safe to say I've spent the better half of most Fridays here this semester. THE. GREATEST. WINGS. Hands down. And as a ravenous carnivore I've had my fair share, so I don't give this award out everyday. The options are endless and off the charts, so you'll never run out of flavors to try. Plus, it appeals to the poor college kid in me becuase it's half priced pitchers and wings from 4-6pm on Fridays and all day Tuesdays. 

2. Hammond's Gourmet Ice Cream

These tiny gourmet ice cream flights stole my heart at first sight. Another awesome place with TONS of fresh and homemade options that change daily. Don't be afraid to get adventurous with all of these super creative flavors. I have yet to be disappointed by even the most ridiculous of choices. 

3. Duck Dive

Duck Dive will always be the ultimate Sundayfunday in my book. Just keep in mind, you're gonna have to skip doing homework that day after bottomless mimosas. But hey, you're a #SENIOR so homework is just a suggestion at this point. Bottomless is offered every Saturday and Sunday and if bubbly isn't your cup of tea, the bloodies are amazing and only $3.25 on the weekends! 

4. Crack Shack

Wow. Just Wow. This place is everything and more. Specializing in chicken, Crack Shack puts a gourmet spin on sandwiches and plates that involve chicken in some of the most delicious forms I've ever witnessed. Just creep their Insta and try to contain your drool... no chance. Plus their milkshakes are out of this world too, so what else do you need?

5. Donut Bar

Donut Bar is easily one of the most saught after bakeries in San Diego. Located Downtown, they have a vast array of featured donuts like you've never seen before. The flavors change daily and seasonally, and they close up shop as soon as they run out for the day to ensure that all donuts are as #fresh as possible. BE SURE to get there as early as you can to avoid lines and donut shortages. 

6. Oscar's Mexican Seafood

The best taco shops are hole-in-the-wall places by far. It took me years to discover Oscar's, but once I did, I was hooked. The cute little tacos are so fresh and delicious and very reasonably priced. Look down the alleys of PB for this hidden treasure!

7. Hodad's

Featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives multiple times, Hodad's is one of OB's crown jewels. The burgers are out of this world, the people are amazing, and the place is just as eclectic as the rest of Ocean Beach. If you haven't already been here, it's a MUST. But don't get too ahead of yourself when you order, becuase I always seem to take on way more than I can handle time after time. 

8. Phil's BBQ

The best part of a good BBQ joint is the sauce. And the sauce at Phil's changes lives for sure. The line at this place is usually around the corner, so go on a week day at an obscure time if you don't feel like waiting half the day for your meat. Well worth every second in line though, if you ask me. 

9. Pizza Port

Pizza Port has become my absolute favorite this year. Not only does it have the dankest and most unique pizza on the planet, it's also a swaggy brewery that brews tons of their own beer, as well as featuring other local breweries. 

10. Miguel's Cocina 

No doubt you've already spent a taco Tuesday or twelve here, but make sure you go back as much as you can while you still have the chance. Best deals, tacos and margs in Old Town in my book. Plus, that free queso isn't gonna be there for ever so be sure to take advantage of it before your time is up. 

I know the end of our USD college kid era is pretty depressing. But don't cry because it's over, smile because you ate some of the best food in the country.