Valentine’s day is on it’s way and it’s time to make plans for the ultimate date. Sure, you want your date to be attractive, kind, and intelligent. But what’s a good date without an awesome location?

Below, we’ve found the best local spots that provide a pleasant atmosphere, attentive service, affordable menu, and incredible tasting food. Even if your date disappoints, these 10 places in Santa Clara never will.

1. Kenji Sushi

date

Photo courtesy of Yelp

As long as you’re confident with your chopsticks skills, the calm ambiance and quick service in Kenji make it the ultimate destination for a date. Not to mention almost everything on the menu is delicious, well displayed and fairly priced. After, head across the street to Santana Row for a soirée at CineArts for the ultimate date night.

2. Pizza Antica

date

Photo courtesy of Yelp

This pizza is cheesier than his pick-up lines. Let’s be honest, it doesn’t even really matter if he is there or not – this pizza will have you obsessed and gazing at it with loving eyes.

3. Delicious Crêpes

date

Photo courtesy of Yelp

No better excuse to get lunch with that cutie from class than this healthy, fresh, and tasty crêpe joint. Perks—it’s a walk-able distance from SCU and makes you feel super hip.

4. Zona Rosa

date

Photo courtesy of Yelp

Easy to crush on that hunk across the table, even easier to crush on that guacamole with bacon and pistachios. Zona Rosa has such a cute atmosphere and everything on the menu is out of this world. Your date is sure to be impressed.

5. Mission City Creamery

date

Photo courtesy of Yelp

It doesn’t get more “classic date night” than this. The adorable little creamery is the just a block off campus and has some fun flavors for a flirty night. *wink*

6. San Pedro Square

date

Photo Courtesy of Yelp

It’s impossible to have a bad date at San Pedro Square because there is an entire range of different vendors to choose from, outdoor seating, live music and all around good vibes.

7. Farmer’s Market

date

Photo by Angelina Marioni

If your date wakes up on a Saturday morning and takes you to the farmers market, they’re a keeper. Bonus points if they buy you flowers. The Santa Clara farmers market is just a short walk off campus and is open every Saturday from 9-1. Check out our review of the best market finds.

8. Bill’s Café

date

Photo courtesy of Yelp

Bring the boo to Bill’s if you want your Sunday morning to be splendid. The hardest part is choosing what to get. Rest assured, you can’t go wrong. I mean, just look at those yolks folks!

9. Crema Coffee Roasting Company

Starbucks is good, but Crema is better. Why, you ask? They sell gelato. Sounds like the perfect way to espresso yourself if you ask me.

10. Orchard City Kitchen

date

Photo courtesy of Yelp

This place will make you feel fancy without breaking the bank. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner, this is the place to be. Any meal here will make your date feel pampered and make it a sure bet that your Valentine’s day date won’t be the last.