June 3rd is probably my favorite day of the year for one reason – it’s National Donut Day. Not only does this mean we’re celebrating my all-time favorite food all around the country, but it also means that tons of my favorite donut shops are giving out free donuts – yes, you heard me, FREE donuts.

National Donut first began in 1938 when Salvation Army gave out free donuts to soldiers during WWI. While the day doesn’t have quite as much meaning now, we still use it as an excuse to eat a couple too many donuts because, hey, who wouldn’t want a free dessert?

national donut day

But it’s hard to find these deals on your own, so don’t worry – we rounded ’em up for you. Go get those free donuts like it’s your job.

• Dunkin Donuts: Buy a drink of your choice, get a free donut. It’s that simple.
  • Krispy Kreme: Get a free donut at any location in the U.S. and Canada. If that doesn’t get you hyped, I don’t know what will.
  • LaMar’s Donuts: With locations scattered around Colorado, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska, LaMar’s will be offering a free donut, no purchase necessary. If you want more than one donut, anyone who makes an additional purchase also gets a free 16oz LaMar’s cup.
  • Doughnut Plant NYC: Free mini carnival sprinkle cake doughnut with every order. Yes please. Check out their locations here.
  • Entenmanns: Enter to win free donuts for a year here.
  • Cumberland Farms: Cumberland Farms stores will be giving away one free donut with the purchase of a coffee or a Chill Zone drink between 5am and 10am. Check out locations here.
  • Giant Eagle Supermarkets: Buy half a dozen donuts, get half a dozen free. Or, get a free donut with the purchase of a café beverage. Locations around the country.

Make it your goal to get a free donut at every one of these locations. That’d be a good day if ya ask me.

#SpoonTip: If it’s not listed here, it doesn’t mean they’re not offering free donuts. Mention National Donut Day and you just might get lucky.