Your weekly round up of events serving up free food to help you take advantage of all that college has to offer.

10420041_779621655419006_2132938837457965963_n

CONQUEST! THE ULTIMATE TROJAN EXPERIENCE – NOV 20 2014

Nov. 20 at 7:00 p.m.

Location: McCarthy Quad

Description: “COACHELLA!!!!!!!!
COACHELL
COACH
COA
CO
CON
CONQ
CONQUES
CONQUEST!!!!!!!!!!

WHO WILL HEADLINE?
Now that we got all you music lovers to pay attention, in a matter of days, we will be announcing this year’s headliners for the 11th annual:

Conquest!: The Ultimate Trojan Experience.

This event is proudly brought to you by USC Concerts Committee, USC Office of Campus Activities, and USC Trojan Pride!

CONQUEST! is an annual tradition before the cross-town rivalry game against UCLA. Join us as we rally to beat the Bruins! Conquest also celebrates USC’s accomplishments in athletics, academics, and spirit with a rally, Ferris Wheel, food trucks, bruin bonfire, and fireworks display. Guest appearances will be made by USC sports teams and coaches, the Trojan Marching Band, the USC Song Girls, and more!

*IMPORTANT: This is a closed show to students, alumni, and community members. Students must present USC IDs and guests must show proper government issued ID to enter McCarthy Quad.

————————–———————–
WHEN: Thursday November 20th at 7PM (food fair and vendors open at 5PM!)
WHERE: McCarthy Quad
————————–———————–

PERFORMING:
C3
TROY TONES
UNDERSCORE ACAPELLA
COMPETITION CHEER
Updated schedule to come, along with release of the headliners!

FOOD TRUCKS:
Kogi
The Lime Truck
Waffles de Liege
Coolhaus
The Grilled Cheese Truck
The Boba Truck

USC CONCERTS COMMITTEE:
https://www.facebook.com/uscconcerts
USC OFFICE OF CAMPUS ACTIVITIES:
https://www.facebook.com/USCCampusActivities
USC TROJAN PRIDE:
https://www.facebook.com/SCTROJANPRIDE
USC PROGRAM BOARD:
https://www.facebook.com/USCProgramBoard

Use the hashtag #Conquest2014 to find all of the latest updates and share your photos from the show.”

What to Expect: Food trucks

10678830_340279976149953_8684445483335735815_n

FED UP – an Official, Campus-Wide Screening

Nov. 18 from 6:30-8:50 p.m.

Location: USC MRF Building, Room 340

Description: “FROM EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS KATIE COURIC & LAURIE DAVID

A FILM BY STEPHANIE SOECHTIG

“Everything we’ve been told about food and exercise for the past 30 years is dead wrong. FED UP is the film the food industry doesn’t want you to see. From Katie Couric, Laurie David (Oscar winning producer of AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH) and director Stephanie Soechtig, FED UP will change the way you eat forever.”

Please join us after the screening for FREE, healthy snacks!”

What to expect: Healthy snacks

10636717_832460663451874_2833059640282024363_o

Winter Formal 2014: Winter WonderLAnd

Nov. 21 from at 10:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m.

Location: USC Ronald Tutor Campus Center

Description: “A white winter will be coming to LA at USC APASA’s annual Winter Formal! Come dance the night away with the Proletariats – an extremely talented DJ group hailing from the 626- and immerse yourself in a wonderland of snow and enchanting fairy lights.

From a mocktail and dessert bar to photobooths, you never know what surprises you’ll find in our forest of white wonder.

Dress code: Semi Formal

Open to all USC Students! ** YOU MUST BRING A USC STUDENT ID TO BE ADMITTED **

Like us on Facebook (www.fb.com/apasa.usc), follow us on Instagram (www.instagram.com/uscapasa), and Twitter (www.twitter.com/USCapasa) for sneak peaks!

Sponsoring USC Program Board Organizations:

USC Academic Culture Assembly
Black Student Assembly at USC
USC Environmental Student Assembly
USC ISA
USC Latina/o Student Assembly
USC Performing Arts Committee
Queer and Ally Student Assembly
USC Speakers Committee
USC Special Events Committee
USC Women’s Student Assembly

————————–———————–
The Asian Pacific American Student assembly (USC APASA) is one of 9 cultural assemblies under USC Program Board, the programming branch of USC Undergraduate Student Government. We are the umbrella organization for 21 Asian Pacific American (APA) member organizations at USC and serve as a source of funding and support for our member organizations.”

What to Expect: Mocktails and dessert bar

10629273_812614355446786_1631911426903297088_o

Inside Our Electronics: A Conversation on Conflict-Free with Intel

Nov. 19 from 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.

Location: USC Hillel

Description: “IJoin USC STAND and Jewish World Watch for a reception and panel discussion with Intel about the role of corporate responsibility in the ongoing conflict in the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo. This year, Intel engineers created and released the first-ever conflict-free microprocessor, meaning that it was the first technology of its kind to be produced exclusively from minerals sourced from mines not controlled by warlords. Now, Intel executive Carolyn Duran and Gary Niekerk are coming to USC to talk about their strategy, the role of consumer advocacy, and the journey to making ethical business in the eastern Congo possible. They will also speak about corporate responsibility generally and the career paths that led them here.

All are welcome. FREE Pizza and drinks provided!”

What to Expect: Free pizza and drinks

10648950_740485632710722_2393586397798182643_o

The Guy’s Guide to Feminism and Healthy Relationships

Nov. 20 at 7:00 p.m.

Location: TCC 205

Description: “WSA’s Men and Masculinity is hosting an awesome presentation with Michael Kaufman, co-founder of the White Ribbon Campaign! Join us for a thoughtful and relevant conversation about men’s roles on and off campus.

Women have been busy changing their lives and the world. But where does that leave men? Is gender equality going to hurt men? And what about those men in relationships with women? And what about men’s own ideas about manhood?

This fun, entertaining but also serious talk is full of stories and analysis that takes a positive look at what men need to know about feminism. And we’ll explore how men can create good relationships—whether it’s a one night hookup or a long term romance, no matter who its with.

This presentation is made possible in partnership with USC Women’s Student Assembly, Be Well USC, USC – Office for Wellness and Health Promotion, USC Program Board, USC Undergraduate Student Government, and Speakers Committee!

http://www.michaelkaufman.com/
http://guysguidetofeminism.com/

This event is part of “It’s On Us: National Week of Action at USC.” For more events and opportunities, visit: http://on.fb.me/1ywM6oo

What to Expect: Refreshments will be provided

10295152_10154830195420008_8383515560122749470_o

Save Tommy Night 2014: Road Trip Across America

Nov. 21 at 7:00 p.m.

Location: McCarthy Quad

Description: “It’s that time of the year again, and this round we’re going on a road trip!

It’s Save Tommy Night 2014: Road Trip Across America!

Come out, flaunt that Trojan spirit, and enjoy food, games, and giveaways provided by local vendors, your Building Governments, and sponsors such as Uber, ZipcarU, Power 106, and Sprinkles Cupcakes!

Where will we stop by?
San Francisco, Las Vegas, Area 51, Seattle, Denver, Dallas, New Orleans, Miami, Chicago, Washington DC, New York City, Boston, Juneau, Honolulu, and the city we run, Los Angeles.

A more complete list of activities and goodies will be included as the event nears!

Goodies:
-Free first ride from Uber
====

Save Tommy Night is the annual carnival hosted by USC Residential Student Government each year prior to the USC vs UCLA rivalry football game.

Follow us to get updates from across the interwebs!
Twitter: @USCRSG
Instagram: @uscrsg
Facebook: /USCRSG”

What to Expect: Food, games, and giveaways!