Freshly grilled cheeseburgers. Hot and delicious pizza. Delectable, chocolaty desserts. With some of the most beloved foods in America, it’s no surprise that Oregon’s Spoon University launch party was a roaring success.

IMG_4913_edit

Photo by Hannah Giardina

On May 16, in the clubhouse of the 13th and Olive apartments, students lined up to get their eat on and learn more about what Spoon University is all about. The luxurious and comfortable atmosphere of the apartments created a perfect environment for the event, as students happily chatted with each other and ate their delicious and (most importantly for many college students) extremely well priced food. One dollar for a burger fresh off the grill? Doesn’t get any better than that.

Cheeseburgers

Photo by Tiare Brown

It was a beautiful day for a barbecue, and the burgers were a huge success with the students. The pizza, from local and legendary pizza parlor, Track Town, was also devoured right away. Most Oregon students would agree it’s hard to go wrong with Track Town.

IMG_4914_edit

Photo by Hannah Giardina

Although the food was the main draw, without it the party would still have been a great time. The Oregon Spoon team, along with all the other students who attended, had an awesome time participating in activities from the pool, to water pong, to indulging in an open bar specializing in non-alcoholic beverages made with Red Bull.

Paloma Drink

Photo by Tiare Brown

On behalf of the entire Oregon chapter of Spoon University, thank you to all who were able to make it to the event. The entire team had a great time and everyone is looking forward to putting on similar events in the near future, as well as being your go-to source for all your foodie news and opinions.

Photo Booth

Photo by Judy Holtz