Maybe they aren’t the breakfast of champions, but nonetheless, Pop-Tarts have worked their way into everyone’s hearts as a timeless favorite to kick off the morning.

pop-tarts

Photo by Keren Straus

With their countless flavors ranging from the classic Brown Sugar Cinnamon to the extravagant Chocolate Fudge Sundae, it’s hard to not find at least one that is appealing—and even harder to eat just one pastry.

On April 8, students at the University of Maryland had the pleasure of Popping the Vote outside of McKeldin Library: a taste test of 22 different Pop-Tart flavors.

pop-tarts

Photo by Keren Straus

Between the hours of 12 and 4, hungry students lined up to choose flavors in one of four “parties”: fruity, nutty, chocolatey and baked goods. From there, testers were asked to vote on whether or not they liked the flavor by placing a sticker next to the flavor under the Yummy or Yuck columns.

pop-tarts

Photo by Alex Vu

Amongst the impressive collection of flavors were the classics such as Frosted Strawberry, Frosted Blueberry, Cherry and Brown Sugar Cinnamon but also more obscure flavors like Watermelon, Blue Raspberry, Confetti Cupcake, Cookies and Creme, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter and Jelly, Red Velvet and Cinnamon Roll.

pop-tarts

Photo by Alex Vu

Not surprisingly (because really, what Pop-Tarts’ flavor doesn’t satisfy?) all the flavors up-votes greatly outweighed the down, indicating a positive reception of the delicious abundance of breakfast pastries.

pop-tarts

Photo courtesy of Keren Straus

Now the most important part: which flavors were UMD’s favorites? Here are the top five:

1. Red Velvet

pop-tarts

Photo courtesy of poptarts.com

2. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

pop-tarts

Photo courtesy of poptarts.com

3. Three Way Tie between Confetti Cupcake, S’mores, and Wild Berry

pop-tarts

Photo courtesy of poptarts.com

4. Frosted Strawberry and Chocolate Caramel

pop-tarts

Photo courtesy of poptarts.com

5. Chocolate Fudge

pop-tarts

Photo courtesy of poptarts.com

Pop-Tarts, you will never cease to amaze us.

Check out the live taping of the event below and follow us on Snapchat at SpoonTV.