Thanks to Dr. Jim Horne, I can finally hit the snooze button without any guilt and have a scientific reason to be late for my lectures. Who doesn’t like that extra 5 minutes sleep after the alarm goes off!

Women

This scientific study is conducted by Dr. Jim Horne, who is Britain’s leading expert in sleep science. In an article published in the Daily Mail, he explained that on average women need twenty more minutes of sleep than men. He pointed out that women tend to multi-task and use more of their actual brain than men leading to a greater need for sleep. He explained, saying “Essentially, the more you use your brain during the day, the more it needs to rest while asleep.” The study was carried out on a sample set of 210 middle-aged men and women.

“Women tend to multi-task — they do lots at once and are flexible — and so they use more of their actual brain than men do. Because of that, their sleep need is greater.” Dr. Jim Horne went on, to millions of nods of approval from women all over the globe. He also associated poor sleep in women with high levels of psychological stress and greater feelings of depression and anger. In contrast, “these feelings were not associated with the same degree of sleep disruption in men.”

However, he points on an exception that men who have complex jobs which involve a lot of “decision-making and lateral thinking” are also likely to need more sleep than the average male, but still not as much as a woman.

Women

GIF Courtesy of giphy.com

Finally a man deciphered a woman’s brain! It isn’t that difficult, is it? Writing an article also uses the ‘actual brain’, so I should get some good shut-eye.