The Chaga Mushroom is more than just an irregular shaped fungus with a burnt charcoaled exterior. This fungus harvested in the stems of the black birch trees in Siberia contains crazy amounts of antioxidants that happen to be over 40,000 times the amount found in most foods and essential oils.

Chaga Mushroom

Photo courtesy of Tomas Čekanavičius

The Russian Medical Research Council’s studies prove the Chaga Mushroom carries various health benefits. Chaga is a strong Adaptogen that improves physical and mental capacity and strengthens the immune system. Adaptogens decrease stress-related issues like headaches, ulcers, heart disease, depression, and sleep disorders.

The Chaga Mushroom is also used as a treatment for multiple diseases involving stomach problems, HIV, Ulcers, fatigue, and much more. It contains inotodial, which is effective towards cancer and influenza. This results in Chaga having strong anti-tumor benefits toward lung, breast, bone, melanoma, and stomach cancer treatments.

Chaga Mushroom

Photo courtesy of collective-evolution.com

Lastly, Chaga is used to help diabetics because it controls digestive enzymes to decrease glucose absorption.

Chaga is consumed through extract powders in either supplement tablets or capsules and through herbal tea blends. The World Trade Organization (WTO) codes named Chaga a medicinal mushroom because of its insane amount of health benefits and antioxidants, giving it the title, “King of Herbs.”

Chaga Mushroom

Photo courtesy of blog.shamansmarket.com