Ah yes, Yik Yak, the online bulletin board that’s taken North American youth by the storm. It’s the perfect guise for your average college student to publish a statement anonymously without an identity beyond OP or purple oars attached to it.

I don’t advise browsing through Yik Yak at two in the morning—unless you’re looking for the throng of Netflix and Chill-ers up and about. That, or you’re one of the studying students chugging along on a certain caffeinated favourite of post-secondary students.

I do, however, find amusement in scrolling through this popular board when I’m looking for a few chuckles and the odd snort.

In fact, our local Guelph Yik Yak board is notorious for being far more active compared to some other cities, such as Toronto. Here’s what good ol’ Gryphons have to say when it comes to food and drinks:

Ice Cold Beer

yik yak

Photo by Fei Huang

If you’ve been out in the last week, then you probably can just about say the same thing: Canadian weather is not a joke. Since we’ve already fulfilled the stereotype that Canada is basically a huge mass of iced over land, our next step is moving the residences to an igloo.

Splenda Daddy

yik yak

Photo by Fei Huang

The reality of a broke university student summed up in a frankly embarrassing Yak.

Home Sweet Home

yik yak

Photo by Fei Huang

If you’re anything like me, your fridge in Guelph probably has a few sprouted potatoes, half an onion from who-knows-when, some end pieces of a loaf, and three eggs plus an egg yolk from that day a recipe called for only the whites. So, yes, home sweet home indeed.

The Infallible Date

yik yak

Photo by Fei Huang

When questioning your existence as a single pringle, at least know that—according to this lovely OP—you always have the option of falling back into the arms of your local burrito bowl.

One of the Joys of Living

yik yak

Photo by Fei Huang

The unwritten rule of life is that your every waking hour is either spent eating or anticipating the next time you eat.

Classic Crowd Favourite

yik yak

Photo by Fei Huang

It’s my favourite guessing game too. I especially enjoy the extreme edition, where the game incorporates small details that really test your skill like Shrill Fire Alarm Beeping, Plume of Thick Smoke Courtesy of Your Burnt Food, and, my personal favourite, Resident Parrot Squawking in Fury.

In my short, brief browse through Guelph’s Yik Yak, I can only say the stint has reaffirmed my belief that our Yik Yak is indeed the best Yik Yak. And I say this despite having experienced an impressive scope of two cities’ Yik Yak boards. Wow, I am practically a seasoned, master-level Yakker.