Any kind of pumpkin spice food seems to stir up controversy this time of year. People either love it or hate it, there is no in between.

Without trying to sound incredibly basic, I do love a good pumpkin spice treat. Something about pumpkin flavored foods just makes me wanna wear a flannel and go apple picking.

Every year it seems like there's a new pumpkin flavored food that's trying to push the culinary boundaries of the year before. And whether you like it or not, these are some of the strangest pumpkin flavored foods that are also undeniably enjoyable.  

1. Pumpkin Sriracha Wings

I promise you I am not insane so believe me when I tell you these wings are to die for. The sauce combines the awesome fiery kick of Sriracha that gets balanced out by the sweetness from the pumpkin flavor. You can get these beauts at Iron Hill Brewery. Trust me on this one, you'll thank me later. 

2. Pumpkin Ale

beer
Alexa Topakas

So, you're going to need something to wash down all the heat from the wings. And what better way than with a pumpkin beer? I am not a fan of fancy beers but this literally put the biggest smile on my face when I drank it. This beer screams all things fall.

Chances are your favorite brand of brew makes some sort of pumpkin ale but, my favorite is Iron Hill's. Drinking this by a bonfire = major key. 

3. Pumpkin Pasta

cheese
Alexa Topakas

Some Italians are probably rolling over in there grave over this one. This is not your typical spaghetti and meatballs so, you'll have to be brave but totally won't regret it. You can get this creamy pumpkin pasta sauce at your local grocery store around this festive time.

And to turn this into an A1 pasta dish sauté some kale and mushrooms with some garlic, add some whole wheat pasta to the pan, top it with the sauce and you got the ultimate fall pasta. 

4. Pumpkin Pizza

Your probably thinking, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" for this guy. I get it, and for all you classic pizza enthusiasts, this probably isn't for you. But, if you want to get creative and have some of that left over pasta sauce mentioned above, here is your chance.

Try this recipe from the Elephantastic Vegan and put your own spin on it. I don't imagine anyone craving this at 2 am after a bar night but, I totally think it'd be a sick fall party snack. 

5. Pumpkin Salsa

beer, bread
Alexa Topakas

Salsa and chips hands down has to be one the most underrated snacks of all time. So why not add some pumpkin in there? Not only is this salsa unique but, it also has some fame associated with it.

The Roloff family from TLC's show Little People, Big World has their own line of salsas that are all pumpkin based and made with ingredients from their farm. Can pumpkin spice margaritas be a thing? Lmk. 

6. Pumpkin Spice...Cheese?

cheese, dairy product, cheddar, milk, dairy, gouda
Alexa Topakas

As I was doing some of my grocery shopping, I came across this and almost lost it. It was too weird not to buy. My roommate and I did some taste testing and had some mixed reviews at first.

Then she had the brilliant idea to turn it into a fondue...I will now be mixing this cheese with the pumpkin ale while I watch Hocus Pocus for all of October. 

Although your typical PSL might be basic, I think we can agree that none of these foods fall under that category. Whether you enjoy eating pumpkin flavored things or not, pumpkins represent fall and easily put you in the holiday spirit.

In the next couple weeks you might come across one of these crazy foods. Don't be so judgmental, you might just like them. Plus, no one likes a pumpkin hater.