This is not a drill people. On April 9th the Muddy Creek Cafe will be hosting its third annual Pimento Cheese 5k Trail Run in Bethany, North Carolina, a mere fifteen minutes away from campus. This 5k throw down is unlike any race you’ve ever run, because after all the sweat and tears you get to treat yourself to a pimento cheese tasting. Does it get any better than that?

Photo courtesy of asics.com

If you find yourself needing more motivation than that, just think about the oncoming warm weather and the lurking desire to get back in shape. However, if you still find yourself struggling to find motivation (like me) a pimento cheese tasting might just be the incentive you need to dust off your running shoes and hit the trails.

Photo courtesy of Facebook

If you register online now you can save $10 and commit to what appears to be a run you won’t regret. Additionally, a portion of the proceeds will be donated to Riverwood Therapeutic Riding Center, a nonprofit charity where children and adults with special needs have the opportunity to ride and interact with horses.

So whether you’re in it for the exercise, the cheese, the philanthropy (or all of the above) sign up today for the Muddy Creek Pimento Cheese 5k thrown down and start jogging! And remember: the faster you run, the sooner you get to start eating.

Register here.