The L.A. Times Festival of Books, held on USC’s campus on April 12-13, is not just for bookworms — but for hungry bookworms too. Here are some of the highlights for the FoB’s Saturday kickoff. Make sure to bring your cookbooks (or buy some there) for autographs.

COOKING STAGE:

11 am – Chef Alan Jackson & JoAnn Cianciulli, Authors of The Lemonade Cookbook

Possibly USC’s best on-campus lunch option, Lemonade is a SoCal specialty known for fresh and healthy fare. Chef Alan Jackson, founder of Lemonade, and JoAnn Cianciulli, renowned cookbook author, will talk about their new book and provide insight into the world of California comfort food.

12:30 pm – Chef Roy Choi, Author of L.A. Son: My Life, My City, My Food, interviewed by Jonathan Gold

Culture-clasher, Korean-American cuisine innovator, and the man behind the (in)famous Kogi BBQ food trucks talks about L.A. through his eyes. Leading the discussion is Jonathan Gold, the current food critic for the L.A. Times. Get geared up for a deliciously intelligent discussion about Los Angeles and all it has to offer the food world.

2:00 pm – Chef Suzanne Goin, Author of The A.O.C. Cookbook

Suzanne Goin is the powerhouse California chef behind highly lauded restaurants A.O.C., Lucques, Tavern, and The Hungry Cat. Having already won a James Beard award for her first book Sunday Suppers at Lucques, her latest book delves into her genius palate and pairs recipes with notes on flavor profile, inspiration, and wine.

3:30 pm – Chef Hugh Acheson, Author of Pick a Pickle

Although the masses may recognize him as a host of Bravo’s hit TV show Top Chef, Hugh Acheson is also Food & Wine’s 2002 best new chef as well as a James Beard award-winning cookbook author. His latest work, Pick a Pickle, is a short compendium of all things briny, crisp, and fermented. This is a cooking demo you do not want to miss.

CHILDREN’S STAGE:

1:35 pm – Giada De Laurentiis, Author of Recipe for Adventure

She might not be on the cooking stage, but any foodies (young and old) hitting up the book festival should make sure to head on over to watch this Emmy award-winning TV host talk about her brand new book series, Recipe for Adventure. Perfect for the young gourmand, the new series introduces kids to brand new flavors and cultures, from Paris to Hong Kong.