There are very few things I love more than going to outdoor foodie events. When summertime hits LA its like Christmas in July, there are a plethora of events and a myriad of delicious delectable dishes to try. You best believe this summer every one is stepping up its culinary game.

Event Rock It is hosting a super cool series of chef-driven food market events in Downtown Los Angeles. The soft opening kick off was July 23rd and it will continue every Saturday starting August 13th from 3 – 11pm.

What makes Event Rock It unique is that there are no culinary rules. Each chef prepares any menu their food-loving heart desires. This means there will be one-of-a-kind taste experiences that you won’t find anywhere else.

If you missed the kick off, don’t worry because we got you covered with Who and What to try at the next one coming up August 13th.

Who: The Brooklyn Pig

What: The Elvis Waffle

LA

Photo by Jessi Jordan

Honestly, I did not know what I was getting myself into when I was handed this dish but with one bite a serious addiction began. This tasty golden waffle is smeared with creamy peanut butter that fills every crevice, and is topped with fresh banana & candied bacon, it is then drizzled with maple syrup and sprinkled with powdered sugar. It was soooooo good, I seriously can not wait till Saturday to eat it again.

Who: School Box Lunch

What: French Taco

LA

Photo by Jessi Jordan

This French Taco is made using the most delicious Boeuf Bourguignon recipe on this side of the Eiffel Tower, and is unlike any school lunch I have ever had. Chef Anthony Bar has taken a classic french dish and performed a ménage à trois with a Mexican and American twist.

Who: Chef Mumsie

What: Chocolate Brownie Cake with Strawberries

LA

Photo by Jessi Jordan

Another French Chef making her debut at Event Rock It is Chef Mumsie with her delectable desserts. My favorite is her chocolate brownie cake with whipped cream & summer ripened strawberries, drizzled with chocolate sauce. It is truly decadent.

Who: LA Burger Co.

What: Every Burger They Make!

LA

Photo by Jessi Jordan

I am not kidding. If you love burgers you will love LA Burger Co. They even make one topped with pastrami and it has been well documented how much I love pastrami.

Who: California Soul

What: West LA Ribs and Smokey Sweet Corn

LA

Photo courtesy of pixabay.com

Can it really be summer without some BBQ ribs rubbed down and grilled up to perfection? The rub Chef J. Cox uses on his West LA ribs is both sweet and smokey with just a hint of curry. Plus, his smokey sweet corn is the perfect compliment.

Who: Party In Mouth

What: Ham & Pancetta Croquette

LA

Photo by Jessi Jordan

These little crispy bites really are what they say they are: a party in your mouth.

Who: Auntie’s Delectables

What: Lemon Cupcakes

LA

Photo courtesy of @auntiesdelectables on instagram

There is no shortage of cupcake brands in LA so to stand out one has to make something special. Auntie’s Delectables delivers this and much more with their lemon cupcake. The cupcake itself is moist and not overly sweet forming a perfect match to one of the best icings I have ever tasted. The icing dances on your taste buds tasting like fresh lemon sorbet. You definitely want to grab a dozen of these babies.

Who: La Condesa

What: Pork Blue Corn Taco

LA

Photo by Jessi Jordan

I am a huge fan of blue corn tortilla chips and this taco does not disappoint on the blue corn flavor. The tortilla the taco is wrapped in is actually two tortilla fused together by cheese. They also have a vegetarian version.

Who: El Ceviche by Chef Carmen

What: Ahi Tuna

LA

Photo by Jessi Jordan

Fresh and deliciously seasoned Ahi Tuna cups. Yup they taste as good as they look.

LA

Photo courtesy of memesvault.com

Now that you know the deets make sure you head downtown to experience these tasty bites while you can.

Click here for Free Tickets and Directions.