UPDATE: The Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau was just kidding about Palcohol. We’re guessing they’re sorry.

Courtesy of gifreactions.tumblr.com

According to CNN Money, the Bureau approved Palcohol “in error.” We suspect perhaps after some hands-on product testing, but you didn’t hear that from us. Our previous question has been answered: yes, it was too good to be true.

In case you’ve been living under a rock (aka a matzo crack/Easter candy-induced food coma), something revolutionary has happened. The Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau has recently approved a powdered form of alcohol: Palcohol. It’s just like Crystal Light, if Crystal Light could make you black out.

The product comes in 6 flavors: vodka, rum, cosmopolitan, mojito, lemon drop and Powderita (see what they did there?). Bonus: the mixed drink flavors are sweetened with Sucralose, so they’re a lighter alternative to some of the calorie bombs you’ll find. One packet mixed with 5 fluid ounces is the equivalent of one mixed drink. You can add the powder to water or directly to a mixer, enabling you to make a rum and Coke or vodka Sprite virtually anywhere.

The product is marketed particularly to football fans in dry stadiums, but the possibilities are endless. Slip a mojito into your wallet for desperate times, sprinkle a Powderita on your tacos or guacamole, or even smuggle a few cosmopolitans downtown for a cheaper tab. And think of all the saved glass and plastic bottles! #SavetheEarth, amiright?

All of this buzz does make us ask some questions, though. Is powdered alcohol too good to be true? How will they regulate this stuff? Most importantly, what happens if you try to eat it like Fun Dip? (Don’t act like it didn’t cross your mind.)

According to Palcohol’s website, the product should hit the market this fall. Find yourself a cup and a Coke, and maybe this football season we actually will “Turn Up DKR.”

Source: http://www.palcohol.com