YouTube is one of the few places where foodies can sit back and enjoy the show. There are some truly awesome cooking channels that many of us watch religiously. While it’s amazing that YouTube can reach so many people, it seems just a bit too vast for the foodie community to truly connect. That’s why YouTube co-founder Steve Chen created Nom – the streaming website just for foodies.

Nom is

Photo courtesy of Nom.com

Nom lets foodies create their own cooking shows, follow other cooking shows, and instant message with other virtual audience members. People use Nom to showcase their rad cooking skills, to learn new recipes, or to share their experiences eating at awesome restaurants.

The thing that separates Nom from YouTube is the ability to watch and communicate in real-time. Not only can you go along with a recipe as a chef is making it, but you get to ask questions along the way. Nom even lets you see upcoming “Nomcasts” on your home screen.

Nom is

Photo courtesy of Nom.com

Nom even lets you see the most viewed and highest rated streams on the website, which showcase cake decorating, infused waters, delicious salads, and more. Nom was built very specifically by chefs and professional content creators to bring the best website possible to the food-loving community.

According to Nom CEO Vijay Karunamurthy, “Now any creative team can produce their own show. We’re seeing people use Nom for coffee tastings, cooking demos, and live coverage of pop-up experiences.” Nom only has a few active members right now, but as more people find out about it and download the app, it will become the next big thing in the food world. So what are you waiting for? Download the app and get cooking!

Nom is