As a college student, I depend on coffee more than I’d like to admit. I need it to make it to my 8 am classes, and I need it to study late at night. What I don’t like to admit even more is that I depend on wine. White wine, red wine, rosé, you name it and it’s probably on my wine rack, or at least it was.

coffee

Now, thanks to a Professor at the University of New Hampshire, we no longer have to drink them separately. Before you get too excited  no, you can not get drunk off this new coffee blend. Instead, you are able to get the heart healthy benefits from drinking red wine by drinking your morning cup of joe.

coffee

So here is the break down. Red wine has resveratrol which is a healthy compound that occurs naturally in grapes. It has been found to improve the overall health of your heart. It also helps your body fight diabetes, cancers, and Alzheimer’s. UNH chemistry professor Glen Miller found a way to infuse his coffee varieties of 100% Arabica beans with this heart healthy compound.

coffee

Now you can drink your morning cup of coffee and get your caffeine all while consuming a heart-healthy compound. So go ahead, no need to feel ashamed of having that second cup of coffee before 10 am.

coffee

This new infusion can be bought online through Miller’s company, The Vera Roasting Company, that started a few months ago out of Portsmouth, NH. Miller has Medium Colombian Roast and Dark French Roast varieties available that make your taste buds quake out of joy. Both varieties are so smooth you’ll never want to drink anything else. And thanks to Miller, you can use this code, UNH650, to make your first purchase at a discounted price.