The University of Oregon Hui ‘O Hawai’i (Hawai’i Club) is onto something. Taste of Hawai’i is a fundraiser usually held twice a year which showcases the culinary prowess of students within the club. Let me tell you, it was delicious. One of the best things about it? It was at the ever popular Taylor’s Bar and Grill right off the UO campus.

Taste of Hawai'i

Photo By Andrea Baysa

Members of the club prepared copious amounts of local Hawaiian food that somehow managed to fit all on one plate. Members served the bite sized portions of each dish with a smile, passing on the aloha spirit to everyone who attended.

Taste of Hawai'i

Photo By Andrea Baysa

The entrées were as diverse as the people from Hawai’i. There was kalua pig, chicken long rice, macaroni salad, chocolate mochi and so much more.

Taste of Hawai'i

Photo By Andrea Baysa

Look at the beauty of this homemade gyoza. It is totally normal for your mouth to be watering right now.

Taste of Hawai'i

Photo By Andrea Baysa

This salmon poké was the bees knees. So ‘ono (delicious). Whoever made this deserves a trophy.

Taste of Hawai'i

Photo By Andrea Baysa

Taylor’s even offered up some drink specials. There was $4 Heineken (the unofficial state beer of Hawai’i) or you could get a refreshing Mai Tai or Blue Hawai’i. If you really wanted to have a Sunday Funday, there were Hawai’i Bombs to partake in.

Taste of Hawai'i

Photo By Andrea Baysa

It was so worth the $5 recommended donation. I would have paid more! The money from the fundraiser went to their 41st Annual Lu’au happening May 14th. Mahalo Hui ‘O Hawai’i for taking my taste buds on vacation. Aloha.