Head chef of local fine dining restaurant Mazzi’s turned food truck owner, John North, serves up fresh, local and seasonal food out of the Local Vore food truck at public events all around Eugene. Local Vore’s first event was at the University of Oregon’s street faire back in May. His food was such a hit, he was asked to return to the UO campus block party. The menu for this event included some of his finest dishes.

IMG_9578_edit

Photo by Hannah Giardina

All ingredients incorporated into the menu items at Local Vore are local, homemade and organic from the farm and kitchen of the owner.

IMG_9570_edit

Photo by Hannah Giardina

From Oregon caught salmon tacos, to Portobello burgers and monster burritos, the Local Vore food truck is the newest “box on wheels” to serve up healthy, fresh meals in a flash. One of the hottest selling menu items is Northwest Fish Tacos.

IMG_9551_edit

Photo by Hannah Giardina

You can’t get more fresh than Pacific Northwest wild coho salmon. With the owner’s homemade Pico de Gallo, heirloom tomatoes, seasonal veggies and tequila lime aioli, all between fresh corn tortillas, lunch is perfected!

IMG_9555_edit

Photo by Hannah Giardina

The Portobello is grilled to perfection and tucked between two fresh baked buns from Hideaway Bakery, with seasonal veggies, chèvre and dripping with tequila lime aioli and natural Portobello goodness with every bite.

IMG_9484_edit

Photo by Hannah Giardina

A relatively new occupant to the plethora of food trucks popping up around Eugene, Local Vore has pinned the idea of local eating down to the very last bite. Local Vore’s pico de Gallo, a tomato-based salsa with seasonal vegetables is made from scratch by North who never use GMO foods. Local Vore is the newest addition to the food truck scene in Eugene. Make sure to look out for this hot spot at future Eugene events like FaerieWorlds 2014 in late July!

Local Vore does not yet have a permanent location or current hours of operation. To find out more, click here.

cheap