Recently Ben & Jerry’s has come out with a line of non-dairy ice cream. I am lactose intolerant and cannot have ice cream as much as I would like without being any stomach pain. I have to take a pill before I have anything dairy, even ice cream. I still have ice cream when I can, but have to be careful with how much and how often. Once I heard Ben & Jerry’s was introducing their non-dairy flavors, I was jumping for joy.

non-dairy

Lactaid, the brand of milk I drink, has their own lactose-free ice cream but it is just not the same as Ben & Jerry’s. As soon as I saw the Ben & Jerry’s ice cream in Target, I HAD to get them all. Besides being non-dairy, these flavors are also certified vegan and made with almond milk – so triple the healthy points. The four flavors are Chocolate Fudge Brownie, Chunky Monkey, P.B. & Cookies, and Coffee Caramel Fudge.

Chocolate Fudge Brownie

non-dairy

Photo by Lorin Kruzynski

Chocolate fudge brownie is the perfect pint for the chocolate lovers. I mean, how can you not love fudge? It is a secret weapon for the bad case of Mondays and there is a taste of chocolate in every bite.

Chunky Monkey

non-dairy

Photo courtesy of @benandjerrys on Instagram

Chunky Monkey is a classic flavor of Ben & Jerry’s now in non-dairy form. It was not my favorite from the start, but I still wanted to give it another try. Chunky Monkey tastes just the same, or even better, than the dairy form. Not only is it filled with chocolate chunks galore, it also has bananas that have tons of health benefits (even if they are in ice cream). Definitely worth a try.

P.B. & Cookies

non-dairy

I am a huge fan of peanut butter. I am also a huge fan of cookies. And I am now a huge fan of the P.B. & Cookies non-dairy ice cream. This pint is just as good as the new core flavors. It has the perfect amount of peanut butter to cookie ratio. This flavor, along with the other non-dairy flavors, includes fair trade ingredients to make it tasty for those who eat it and good for those who make it.

Coffee Caramel Fudge

non-dairy

Photo by Lorin Kruzynski

I saved the best for last. This is my favorite of them all. My day always starts with a cup of coffee – caramel iced coffee to be exact. It is just too good to be true. When I was eating this pint, I almost finished the whole thing… it was just that good.

I drink my caramel coffee in the morning and have my scoops of coffee caramel fudge at night. The coffee caramel fudge is the perfect Ben & Jerry’s for the end of the semester when you need a little caffeine boost.