Today Wildcat hearts broke across the country as we woke up to the devastating news that our favorite Italian sandwich shop, Rollin’ To Go, will be closing its doors.

No longer will we be able to roll out of Bobb after a night at the Mark II Lounge to satiate our hangovers. No longer will we be able to have fights over whether or not Rollin’ is better than Al’s.

A photo posted by @nancysunshines on

The question on everyone’s minds is, “Why, dear, Rollin’? WHYYY?”

After 13 years of business, Tim Camastro, the owner and manager of the restaurant, was forced to close after financial and legal troubles.

Spoon star Matthew Carpenter says, “The closing of Rollin’ is a tragedy for hangovers everywhere. I can still vaguely remember the smell of my first Salsalita [chicken, bacon, lettuce, tomato, grilled onions, guacamole and chipotle mayo on ciabatta] I want that sandwich right now.”

Eric Freeman, a recent Northwestern graduate says, “As a member of the gluten-free community, I stopped caring a while ago.”

Perfect day for a hot sammich #hotbunz #rollingtogo #Chicago #lookatthatsteam #cheatweek

A photo posted by Emily (@emlang.4) on

So, what do Spoon co-founders Sarah Adler and Mackenzie Barth think about all of this?

Sarah Adler says, “It is a travesty and a misfortune for all future Northwestern students.”

Mackenzie, on the other hand, is more optimistic saying, “Just go to the meat counter at D&Ds and get an even better panini, you won’t even miss Rollin’.”

We’ll miss you Rollin’, truly. Rest in peace.