I love pasta. It is unwaveringly my favorite food group, and I can always count on it to be satisfyingly, carboliciously divine.

For these reasons, I have always questioned substitutes like brown rice pasta or other gluten-free pasta products. They all try a little too hard to be just like regular wheat pasta, but fall short.

banza

Photo by Morgan Goldberg

However, Banza, invented by Emory University alum Brian Rudolph, stands out. Rather than trying to be what it’s not, Banza is a whole new take on pasta.

Created from chickpeas, Banza was the result of Brian’s search for wheat pasta alternatives. He started making this chickpea pasta in his own kitchen and realized its potential.

banza

Photo by Morgan Goldberg

With double the protein, four times the fiber and nearly half of the carbohydrates of regular pasta, Banza is not only a delicious choice, but a smart one, too. It’s also gluten-free, vegan, non-GMO and low glycemic. Talk about a win, win, win, win.

Based in Detroit, Banza is not only innovating the pasta industry, but also creating jobs both at the corporate level and in the manufacturing plant. After participating in the Venture for America program for young entrepreneurs, Brian knows the value of generating new jobs.

banza

Photo by Morgan Goldberg

Currently, Banza can be enjoyed in four shapes: penne, rotini, elbows and shells. Using the store locator, you can find where Banza is sold near you, or you can order it online.

Whether you follow a gluten-free diet, or simply want a healthy version of this heavenly food, I implore you to hop on the Banza train. Banza is well on its way to big things in the pasta industry.

banza

Photo by Morgan Goldberg