Trump’s a busy guy who certainly doesn’t always have time for a sit-down meal. Heck, I don’t even have time for a sit-down meal. Good thing he has a strong fondness for fast food.

During a talk with Anderson Cooper just this month, Trump discussed his love for Big Macs and Quarter Pounders with Cheese.

donald trump

Photo courtesy of telegraph.co.uk

Should presidential candidates be promoting healthy lifestyles and eating habits? Probably…. I don’t know. I hate politics, so if I were in his spot, I might just say the same thing: that fast food “is great stuff.” (Although I would try to use a phrase I haven’t employed 3,000 times already.)

donald trump

But you know what he relishes more than the McDonald’s “FISH DELIGHT?” (lmao he meant Filet-O-Fish): THE STANDARD OF CLEANLINESS WHICH HE CLAIMS FAST FOOD JOINTS APPLY THEMSELVES TO. And their notion of food safety.

“One bad hamburger, you can destroy McDonald’s. One bad hamburger and you take Wendy’s and all these other places and they’re out of business,” Trump said. “I like cleanliness, and I think you’re better off going there than maybe some place that you have no idea where the food is coming from.”

Obviously restaurants need to meet health and sanitation requirements issued by the local government. Among some of the things they need to maintain, restaurants should have sanitary kitchens, germ-free dining areas, disinfected floors and restrooms. Save for a few exceptions I’ve never enjoyed a clean McDonald’s bathroom, or ever felt confident about eating a french fry after dropping it onto a Wendy’s floor.

It’s universally acknowledged that if you use 5-second-rule in fast-food restaurants you’re a sociopath. (I admit, though, I’ve done it before.) On top of that stuff…. I’ve never seen anyone cleaning a fast food place. The most I’ve witnessed is a wet floor sign.

I’m not trying to slur the worth of fast food joints. They do have a lot of advantages, like convenience (in a million ways, e.g. late-night service, quick service, everywhereness). And the food is delicious, albeit terribly harmful to health.

I just can’t believe they’re being applauded for good hygiene.

donald trump

… That’s not all. I did some digging. Trump was in a McDonald’s advertisement in 2002. PLEASE WATCH THIS.