The hype for avocados is far from over. We see them all over social media, whether it’s avocado toast that’s been spiraled to perfection or within your chicken salad; it’s really the perfect ingredient for almost anything. Not to mention the numerous health benefits eating an avocado a day will bring you. But for the most part, avocados are all over Instagram, because we just can’t help taking a picture of the creation we came up with for avocados.

Well, don’t put your phones down just yet, because I have a new avocado creation that you won’t be able hide from all of your social media friends: avocado hamburger buns. Ditch the bread and try this awesome sandwich creation.

Forget the Original Hamburger Bun

Avocado

Photo courtesy of @fooddeco on Instagram

The trend started with Colette Dike, the founder and editor in chief of FoodDeco, which is a website all about the love between food and decoration. She recently Instagrammed a picture of her vegan burger with an avocado as the bun. Not only does her chickpea patty with corn look drool-worthy, but she also supplied her followers with two recipes, one vegan and one cheeseburger version. Both with avocados buns, of course.

Avocados as a bun substitute is a great low-carb meal that helps your burger taste great and is also that much healthier for you to eat (sure it looks a little hard to eat, but that shouldn’t stop you). And if you don’t care about the health aspect so much, it’s great for the likes on Instagram alone once you post a cute pic of your new bun obsession.

A Bun For That Breakfast Sandwich

Avocado

It doesn’t stop with just a hamburger bun substitute though. The newest addition to Dike’s avocado bun creation is a breakfast sandwich. It’s perfect for not only being the energy you need for the rest of your day, but it also looks awesome. It’s stuffed with feta, onion, tomato, bacon, and a fried egg (yum). The use for an avocado bun is limitless, as any possible sandwich can become that much more tasty with avocado.

So far, the biggest challenge surrounding the avocado bun substitute is how to go about eating it with your hands. Now, some say just use a fork, but I think you guys are up to try this just like a hamburger. And don’t forget to send over the pictures of your creation once you avocado lovers try this out (#Spoonfeed), you won’t be disappointed.