Forget going to the crowded mall to do your holiday shopping— stay local and hit up the annual Downtown Holiday Market. From crafts to clothes & accessories, there’s something for everyone. You can visit the market at 8th and F St NW beginning on Black Friday (November 28th) up until December 23, between noon-8 pm daily.

The best part? The food, of course. Don’t shop on an empty stomach—make sure to stop by these four food vendors for some sweet treats:

Nicecream Factory

This is what happens when you mix ice cream with science – think fresh ice cream made right before your eyes. Supporting local farmers, Nicecream Factory uses liquid nitrogen to turn fresh ingredients into gourmet, delicious ice cream on the spot. Denser and creamier than traditional ice cream, you can try their sweet pick me up combo of la colombe coffee and caramel pretzel or their nutty combo of purdy pistachio and nutella—among numerous other flavors. Another combo being raved about is their addicting apple pie with spiced vanilla. Who said ice cream was only for the summer? I’m sold.

Migues Magnificent Mini Donuts

Forget pre-made Krispy Kreme donuts this holiday season. A local staple at various markets around DC, Migues Magnificent Mini Donuts whips up donuts made to order right in front of you. These little guys come 8 to a bag in many different flavors. Red velvet, strawberry cream, and vanilla donuts, just to name a few, come out piping hot, fresh, and perfectly doughy. Head over to their toppings bar to dust your donuts with cinnamon or powdered sugar, sprinkles, chocolate or honey.

If you’re feeling ambitious, try their full-sized donuts that come in a variety of frosted types, or the infamous “blackout” donut—a chocolate donut with white chocolate ganache and Oreos on top. Grab one… or two… and you’ll never look at donuts the same way again.

Whisked!

Serving up sweet and savory pies along with cookies and other American classics, Whisked! is taking these baked goods to another level. Known for their creative flavors, these handmade pies use high quality local ingredients made from scratch. From chocolate bourbon pecan pie to salted caramel apple pie or a mint chocolate cream pie, there’s a flavor for everyone. They also have the true classics of pumpkin or key lime pies.

Not in the mood for something sweet? Give their quiches a try. Their cheddar broccoli or mushroom, rosemary and roasted garlic quiches are vegetarian-friendly and are the perfect counterpart to their delicious pies. Homemade, fresh, and tasty… what more could you want?

Alexa’s Empanadas

One word—churros. In addition to their savory Peruvian style empanadas, grab some hot cinnamon-dusted and cream-filled churros. With Bavarian vanilla cream filling, dulce de leche, or chocolate, you can’t go wrong. Alexa’s Empanadas can normally be found at the U Street Flea or Eastern Market handing out freshly baked and piping hot empanadas—make sure to try the spinach with feta, chorizo with potato, beef or chicken and vegetable empanada to fill you up for a full day of shopping. Take it from us, the line is worth it. Churros, empanadas and different flavors of iced tea or fresh smoothies seem like the perfect holiday shopping meal to us! 

Have we convinced you yet? Find out more information about the market and its many other food vendors here!