Praise Duke Dog, DHop is back and better than ever. For first year students or those who prefer to live their lives underneath a rock, DHop is a philanthropy event put on by the sisters of JMU's Tri Delta sorority. 

Basically, these ladies are flipping up endless pancakes for a mere $5 ($7 at the door). Better still, all proceeds benefit St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Pancakes, for the kids.  

So, yes, let's get back to that endless pancake part. There are pancakes and they are endless. For those of you who are bold, there is also a pancake eating contest so you can stuff your face but also win prizes. Win-win.

The pancakes will be normal but the intense part comes with the topping bar: syrup, chocolate chips, sprinkles, whipped cream, fruit (if you're attempting to make this healthy), the works. 

Additionally, for those of you who love melon but also love other melons, Love Your Melon, an organization that fundraises to fight childhood cancer will also be there. Pick up a beanie, they're cute AF.

A photo posted by JMULYMCrew (@jmulymcrew) on

Another cool addition this year is a table for "Coins for Connie." The table will be manned by a Tri Delta sister, Bre Becker; it was created by her sister, Lexi, a few years ago in memory of their cousin who passed away from acute lymphoblastic leukemia when she was 6 years old. Her picture is below.

grass, chocolate
Gillian Dukoff

Essentially, they collect money throughout the year at places like their old middle school and high school and then use that money around Christmas time to purchase toys for the kids receiving treatment at Children's National Medical Center in Washington DC, because that is where Connie received treatment.

During her first year doing it, she singlehandedly raised over $1,000, so people are free to bring some spare change or a few dollars you have laying around (a little goes a long way). 

The event runs from 10 p.m. - midnight, Monday October 10th in D-Hub. Get your pancake on for a great cause. Tri Delta will be selling tickets on the Madison Union Patio this Friday from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. and next Monday (the day of) on the TDU patio from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. You can pay cash, check, Flex, or Venmo at the door.