Coachella, the country’s biggest music festival, has announced its food lineup for the weekends of April 10-12 and April 17-19. The lineup includes big name chefs and local talent from Los Angeles and Southern California.

Coachella is an annual music and arts festival in the Colorado Desert. Founded in 1999, it has seen all genres of music and all popularity levels of musicians. Some notable acts: Amy Winehouse, Arcade Fire, Daft Punk, Nine Inch Nails, Beastie Boys and Red Hot Chili Peppers, among countless other amazing bands and acts.

Half a million people attended the festival last year, and the gross revenue was around $78 million. Regular admission is $375 and VIP admission is $899.

If you thought you were too broke for Coachella, I’m about to make you feel like you should be jumping into garbage cans to find loose change.

coachella

Unofficial poster Courtesy of Eater and Podcast Food is the New Rock

Roy Choi (POT), Kris Morningstar (Terrine) and Phillip Lee of Scratch Bar and the Gadarene Swine will be doing $50 tasting menus in the VIP area. Okay, not so bad. Getting a seat at the Outstanding in the Field dinner series costs $225. Okay, bad.

I hear my empty wallet and stomach both crying out.

It isn’t all intensive food made from the nectar of the gods, however. They have a wide range of options available from pizza and tacos to Maine lobster.

Many top options are only available for VIP members, but there are still options for the regular festival goers (people who used all the money in their savings for the ticket and have nothing left to offer but themselves) in the beer barn and regular food court area.

coachella

Photo Courtsey of Coachella

Some interesting and diverse options are included in the lineup. Some worth noting:

Kushiyaki Dog, which takes the American Classic hot dog and blends it with Japanese ingredients to turn it into a beautiful dog.

Juice Served Here, serving organic juice from local sources that are perfect for juice cleanses.

This Bar Saves Lives, where every all natural, non-GMO, gluten free, fair trade granola bar you buy allows for a child in need to be given a packet of life-saving food.

And, finally, Kind Kreme, organic and VEGAN ice cream. Not sure how that’s possible.

coachella

Photo Courtesy of Coachella

So, as if the music lineup wasn’t good enough, Coachella offers you a weekend or two to fill your stomach with food options the common person does not get. Or, at least, the common East Coaster doesn’t get (Why isn’t NYC as foodie as LA??).

For the more in-depth lineup, click here. To reserve your seat at previous mentioned dining options, click here. To pity yourself for not having enough money for any of this, meet me at the local pizzeria.

Want more? Check these out: