Burger fiends and craft beer aficionados rejoice! After a hugely successful inaugural event last year, the Tallahassee Brews & Burgers Festival is back and better than ever. The festival will be hosted Saturday, April 24th by Brass Tap Midtown, Tallahassee’s go-to spot for craft beer. The event will feature select beers from over 16 craft breweries as well as mouthwatering burgers and small plates from local restaurants. Still not convinced that the Tallahassee Brews & Burgers Festival is the best way to be spending your Saturday?

1. The Burger Competition

Festival

Photo courtesy of Madison Social

This year, the festival is hosting a burger cook-off between some of Tallahassee’s favorite burger joints and local celebs. One of the judges for the event is local burger enthusiast Brad Swanson. When asked about what he was looking for in a burger he said, “My favorite type of burger…hmmm there are so many kinds, beef, turkey, duck, venison. I like them all and cooked medium. I definitely like bacon, avocado and a spicy sauce as well. Most of all, the best burger is made better when it is enjoyed with friends and a cold beer.”

2. So. Much. Good. Beer

Festival

Photo by Robert Wehrli

Noles, put down the Natty Light and let me drop you some knowledge. From 2005 to 2014 the number of craft breweries in our country has doubled… DOUBLED! Which means there is literally no shortage of good beer available on the market these days. The Tallahassee Brews & Burgers Festival is proudly featuring some of these crafty brews including unlimited samples of Cigar City’s Homemade Apple Pie Cider, Lagunita’s Aunt Sally Sour, Founder’s Dirty Bastard, and much, much more.

3. It’s Surprisingly Economical

Festival

Photo courtesy of Tallahassee Brews and Burgers Festival

For only 37 bucks, you will be treated to unlimited samples of beer. Yes, you heard that right. UNLIMITED BEER. That’s far less than you would normally spend on a night out regardless. Not to mention Brass Tap Midtown is hooking it up with discounted tickets for FSU students. Use the discount code SPOONDEAL and be sure to bring a copy of your valid student ID to the event. Get your tickets today.

4. It’s for A Good Cause

Festival

Photo courtesy of Second Harvest at Big Bend.

This year, Brass Tap is delighted to host the event in conjunction with the Tallahassee Network of Young Professionals, and a portion of proceeds will benefit America’s Second Harvest of the Big Bend, Inc. A Burgers and Brews Festival that also help to fight hunger right here in the Capital City? Can’t get better then that.

5. You Can Get VIP Treatment

Festival

Photo courtesy of the Tallahassee Brews and Burgers Festival.

By now you must be thinking that the Tallahassee Brews & Burgers Festival couldn’t get any better, but oh, it can. If you want to ball out you can upgrade to a VIP ticket which includes early entry, unlimited beer tastings, access to the VIP lounge, food buffet, and tastings of 12 special select beers. Honestly though, access to A/C and being waited on by Tallahassee’s best staff in the VIP lounge makes that upgraded ticket essentially priceless.  As Aziz Ansari would say, ‘Treat yo’ self’. *Que finger snap*

The Tallahassee Brews & Burgers Festival is this Saturday, April 24th, from 2-6PM in the Midtown Plaza at 1321 Thomasville Rd. Get your tickets here and use the discount code SPOONDEAL.

(Discount valid for FSU students only)