As I entered through the gates of One Golden Mile at R.K. Puram, New Delhi, I could hear great music at a close distance and I could smell desserts – cakes, cupcakes, jar cakes, cookies, brownies (and the list goes on…) – all being heated up and served to all those with a sweet tooth (like me) at the venue. Little Black Book (Delhi Chapter), an online platform which helps you explore your city, organised the third edition of its Dessert Bazaar on the 27th of February and as promised, gave Delhi its “Sweetest Day of 2016.” If you weren’t there making the best use of your weekend, here’s some help to add to your grief about what you missed:

1. Jar Cakes

desserts

Photo by Mehak Dhawan

The new buzz in the dessert world were at their best yesterday! Whipped, Bombakery, Cake Away and many other stalls had this beautiful dessert on offer. While Whipped offered the maximum variety of Jar Cakes, Cake Away offered its signature Banoffee Pie and Tiramisu, and Bombakery offered specialties like Red Velvet and Love for Hazelnut. My personal favourite was the Mud Cake at Whipped.

2. Assorted Cupcakes

desserts

Photo by Sabhyata Badhwar

Our beloved smaller versions of the cake were a hit at the bazaar – everyone was definitely having one! Cupcakes were not only available in new and interesting flavours (Mojito Cupcake by Cake Away, Tiramisu Cupcake by Chocestra) but were also available in different sizes – from bite sized ones at Bombakery to medium and large sized cupcakes at Chocestra and Baked Love. My favourite? The Tiramisu Cupcake.

3. Melt-in-the-Mouth Cookies

desserts

Photo by Sabhyata Badhwar

Friends of the regular biscuit, cookies were also one of the favorites at the bazaar. And why not? They are light and fluffy, and one can choose to eat them cold or heated! Bite-sized small to mouthful large – cookies were available in all sizes and were on offer by almost every seller.

Flavours ranging from red velvet, Belgian chocolate chip, oat and raisin to emoji cookies and minion cookies – one could choose from a wide variety! My personal favourite was the Flourless Molten Chocolate Cookie by Georgia Dakota.

4. Dainty Macarons

desserts

Photo By Sabhyata Badhwar

Crispy, colourful, comforting, elegant – these are only some of the words that describe the collection of Macarons at the Dessert Bazaar. Available at a number of stalls, Sugarama and A Piece of Paris attracted the maximum crowd when it came to macarons.

Both of them also offered the maximum variety and exotic flavours of macarons and I had some of the best macarons that I have had in Delhi at the bazaar. My favourite, (only due to my dire love of coffee) was the coffee macaron at Sugarama, but I would also recommend their pistachio-raspberry flavour. Mint and Raspberry flavours at A Piece of Paris are also highly recommended.

5. Lip-smacking Brownies

desserts

Photo by Sabhyata Badhwar

Brownies are the best companions on a bad day; they are warm and comforting – just like a best friend! The variety of brownies at the Dessert Bazaar ranged from the classics – chocolate walnut, Nutella, oreo and chocolate chip, to the exotic – Baileys fudge, rum fudge (by Dessert Art), red velvet cheesecake by Bombakery, chocolate cheesecake by Cake Away and baked cheesecake by Chocestra. My personal favourite was the Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie by Cake Away – a combination of the three best things in the world.

desserts

Photo by Sabhyata Badhwar

Apart from the above listed delicacies, there were certain crowd favourites like the Ice Cream Taco and Berry Blast at the Azote stall, the Strawberry Tiramisu by Zoet, the different flavours of sugar candy by Sugar Thread, Paan Vodka Shot at Sinful Bites, Waffles on Stick by Bonjour Chocolates…You get the gist, right?

If you missed this year’s edition of the Dessert Bazaar, don’t forget to look out for the upcoming editions – until then, happy sweetest day of 2016 to you!