Coffee has always been a loyal companion of 8 ams, midday pick-me-ups, and late night study sessions. It has been a staple after many long and sleepless nights, and hard and taxing days. But now, there’s a Massachusetts-based company, Steem, that has created a new companion for those sleepless hours  an all-natural caffeinated peanut butter that has as much caffeine as two cups of coffee. In two tablespoons.

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

And the best part is that it’s all natural. The peanut butter contains only peanuts, salt, peanut oil, and agave nectar, with a green-coffee extract for the caffeine.

“The unsaturated fats actually create bonds with the caffeine so the digestion process is slower and results in a steady release of energy,” co-owner Chris Pettazzoni told boston.com. That means that you get all the effects of caffeine that you want, without the jitters of coffee. What could be better?

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

That being said, for everyone out there who has a hard time putting the jar down, this is one instance where portion control is necessary. It’s sometimes hard to stop after two scoops of PB, but with Steem, the normal serving suggestion not only gives the best effect of the caffeine, but is highly suggested for compliance.

Drinking more than two cups of coffee wouldn’t be a good idea, and neither would having more than the serving size of Steem’s PB. So maybe keep a jar of your favorite brand of non-caffeinated peanut butter close by if it’s too hard to resist.

caffeinated peanut butter

Photo courtesy of steempb.com

If you’re at a loss for how to incorporate a perfect serving size of this peanut butter into healthy options throughout the day, just substitute 2 tablespoons of Steem’s PB into these recipes. Here’s a roundup of perfect peanut butter meals and snacks to keep you going:

Apple and Peanut Butter Toast

This apple and peanut butter toast is a perfect breakfast or snack, whether it’s a midday pick-me-up or a late night power snack.

Apple Cinnamon Peanut Butter Quinoa

caffeinated peanut butter

Photo by Sally Zhang

This apple cinnamon peanut butter quinoa is a perfect breakfast packed with protein and enough caffeine to skip your morning coffee.

PB&J Sandwiches

caffeinated peanut butter

Photo by Christin Urso

For the nostalgic college student who craves the classic PB&J, lunch ideas that bring you back to the simple days of elementary school (and no exams) are these creative PB&J sandwiches.

Peanut Butter Hummus

caffeinated peanut butter

Photo by Kim Buesser

As an anytime snack or meal booster, peanut butter hummus combines two foodie favorites and will keep you full for longer since it’s packed with protein.

So peanut butter lovers and caffeine’s loyal followers — there you have it. Try this peanut butter on toast for breakfast, with a banana as a pre-workout, or midday snack, or straight from the jar like no one’s watching. May your days be caffeinated and a little bit nutty.