College is one of the best places to get to know the game of beer pong. Depending on where you are and who you play with, the rules may differ slightly, but one thing will always remain the same: the pong ball will always touch the ground.

beer

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

It’s a struggle, especially if you’re playing with someone who has terrible hand-eye coordination (um, me). It’s like they were born to suck at beer pong, so you find yourself constantly chasing a little white ball around the room all night.

But whatever, you deal with it because it’s a great game. What I never understood though was why someone thought that simply dipping a ball in a cup of water after it falls on the dirty, college ground would make it clean. I mean, we probably don’t think twice about it because clearly we’re drunk. But now that I’m sober and thinking about it… it’s really gross.

beer

Apparently I’m not alone. A guy named Chase Treibt and his brothers were so fed up with how dirty pong can be that they created a product called Slip Cup: protective cups that slip over normal plastic cups to keep the dirty ball from actually landing in your drank. Genius.

beer

Photo courtesy of foodbeast.com

Slip Cup also has other insanely cool features. For example, if you keep the Slip Cups in the Solo cups, you can stack them without getting the Solo cups dirty. Moreover, Slip Cups have a thin rim, a catch element, and are center-weighted so they don’t spill as easily. Sweet deal, right?

beer

Photo courtesy of kickstarter.com

Unfortunately, you can’t buy these bad boys right now. Treibt and co. are still in the process of crowdfunding with their Kickstarter campaign, which has 21 days left to reach $70k. But if you pledge $5, you get a pack of 20 Slip Cups shipped to you around September, perfect for the beginning of the semester.

The best part? These cups don’t just make the game cleaner; there’s also 15 other games you can play with them, meaning drinking just got a lot more fun. Check out this video to see how: