Thanksgiving came and went and now it is officially the holiday season – the one month long period of time solely focused on family and food, where it’s socially acceptable to eat (and drink) yourself into a food coma. It is a widely shared belief that gaining an extra few around this time of year happens, and it’s totally fine. Everyone kind of hates themselves for it and that’s why gyms are exponentially more full in January than they are in December and people read articles about revamping their diets come January 1st.

Strangely enough, this hedonistic period also brings us the annual Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. Unlike the other holiday season festivities, the significance of the show varies from person to person. For Victoria’s Secret, it’s a marketing tool, for the rookie models, it’s validation that they’ve really made it, and for the angels, it’s practically a holiday party with their closest friends. But what about for normal college students like me?

I’ve been watching the fashion show for pretty much as long as I can remember and while it’s always a highlight of my December, I never feel happy or confident after the models blow their final kisses to the camera. Today’s society strongly emphasizes loving yourself and “body positivity.” Everyone talks about its importance, but the fact of the matter is that it’s not easy to have this attitude.

That’s where alcohol comes in.

Drinking Game

It’s called liquid courage for a reason, people! Alcohol makes you more confident, social, and according to one study, feel prettier. Um, hello, sign me up. Get your shot glasses ready and pour yourself a pimp cup full of wine, or make yourself an XL mixed drink and prepare yourself for the drinking game of your life. Wine tips here, and mixed drink recipes here. #yawelcome

The show airs Tuesday, December 8th at 10/9 C on CBS… Happy drinking.

Drinking Game

Take a sip:

Drinking Game

• Every time a model blows a kiss
  • For every impractical outfit (I’m looking at you LED undies)
  • When you think about dieting or working out
  • When a model dances awkwardly backstage
  • Every time someone points out a model’s “flaw” to try to make themselves feel better

Take two sips:

Drinking Game

• If the wings look like they weigh more than the model
  • When a model walks out with her hands in the air (you’re not an OG angel, stop)
  • Each time a model claims they “weren’t cool” or were made fun of for being skinny growing up. Cue the vine.
  • If Selena Gomez walks down the runway holding hands/dancing with another member of T. Swift’s girl squad

Take a shot:

Drinking Game

• If you’d actually consider buying an outfit (and then realize you’re already drunk)
  • If you catch The Weeknd checking out a model
  • When the camera turns to a model’s husband/boyfriend

Finish your drink (and promptly refill it):

Drinking Game

• When you wish Rihanna was performing and not Ellie Goulding
  • If someone, anyone, falls – whether it be on the runway or in your living room because they’re wasted
  • If you’re the first one to say, “she’s not even that pretty”
  • If you have no idea wtf a model is saying because her accent it so foreign

Start chugging when:

Drinking Game

• Lily Aldridge walks out wearing the fantasy bra and don’t stop until she’s off the runway.
Drinking Game