Years from now, we’ll be telling our kids that back in our day, we actually had to go to the coffee shop and wait in line to get our coffee.

But Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donuts are changing the game.

As of today (yeah, you read that right), you’ll be able to order your Pumpkin Spice Latte before you even smell the espresso at the front door.

In order to fully optimize rush hour sales, Starbucks is launching mobile ordering on their app that allows you to order and pay for your food and drink from your smartphone.

starbucks

Photo courtesy of buzzfeed.com

1 in 5 Starbucks customers already pay using their app, but now they can cut their commute time even more.

The developers even incorporated a feature that allows the app to estimate a time for pickup based on how busy the store is.

Nothing better than swooping in with the fall breeze, snatching up your caramel macchiato off the counter, and then ducking back outside again.

starbucks

Photo courtesy of veckorevyn.com

But Dunkin’ is going one step further.

Taking a page out of Chipotle’s book, Dunkin’ Donuts will be offering delivery services with the new version of their mobile app.

They understand your need to get your caffeine fix before you even put your pants on, and they’re here to help.

starbucks

Photo courtesy of delish.com

Unfortunately, you’ll have to wait until at least early 2016 before getting Dunkin’ delivered to your doorstep since they’re still figuring out the logistics, but we’re confident that all us lazy college kidz will be getting coffee delivered to the library or our 8 am lectures. #winning