You’ve probably heard of juicing — maybe you’ve even tried a liquid-only cleanse yourself. While it’s still a great way to kickstart a healthy diet, a new trend is stealing the detox scene: souping. We can’t say we’re surprised — a soup-only cleanse offers a number of nutritional benefits while keeping you satisfied. Packed with vitamins, minerals and fiber, soups are filled with superfoods that can help you battle inflammation, cleanse your colon and reduce oxidative stress. Plus, most soup recipes are versatile, allowing you to swap in different ingredients and seasonings according to your taste.

Ready to stir the pot? Get souping with our 3-day detox meal plan:

Day 1

Breakfast: Raw Green Soup

soup

Photo courtesy of furtherfood.com

Start your day with a vitamin boost. This healthy blend of avocado, zucchini, spinach, almonds, tomato, herbs and lemon offers a powerful combo of nutrients like fiber, folate, potassium and more. Plus, the avocado gives it a creamy texture that will make you feel like you’re having a smoothie, not soup.

Lunch: Easy Chicken Bone Broth

soup

Photo courtesy of furtherfood.com

You may think of “broth” as just the base of a soup, but it can actually make for a tasty meal on its own. This simple recipe is full of flavor and the vegetables offer up vitamins that other broths may not contain. Get out your crockpot.

Dinner: Hearty Wholesome Harvest Soup

soup

Photo courtesy of furtherfood.com

Just as the title states, this recipe is hearty and fulfilling. The mix of vegetables (and meat, if you choose to include chicken or turkey) makes for a satisfying meal without being too heavy — perfect for dinner at the end of your first day of detox.

Day 2

Breakfast: Broccoli & Asparagus Soup with Coconut Milk

soup

Photo courtesy of furtherfood.com

Another smoothie-like option to kick off your morning, this soup has vitamins and nutrients from the broccoli and asparagus while offering a creamy sweetness from the coconut milk. So delicious, you may keep up this breakfast long after your detox is done.

Lunch: Easy Kale, Mushroom, Quinoa Miso Soup

soup

Photo courtesy of furtherfood.com

Blending up this soup for a midday meal is so simple and full of flavor, thanks to the miso. It’s an especially great choice if you have digestive issues since this recipe doesn’t call for common, powerful additions like onions and garlic.

Dinner: Simple Dairy-Free Mushroom Soup

soup

Photo courtesy of furtherfood.com

The almond milk in this recipe makes it a dairy-free meal and, combined with the mushrooms, creates a creamy consistency. Plus, talk about health benefits. Mushrooms contain loads of antioxidants and offer up anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting properties.

Day 3

Breakfast: Corn Soup

soup

Photo courtesy of furtherfood.com

We know what you’re thinking: “Corn for breakfast?” This recipe is delicious chilled or warmed up, and the sweetness of the corn (which is packed with the carotenoids that keep your eyes healthy) is a nice alternative to that sugary syrup you usually drizzle over your pancakes.

Lunch: Seasonal Veggie and Umeboshi Soup (Macrobiotic)

soup

Photo courtesy of furtherfood.com

The umeboshi paste (or vinegar) in this soup, which is made from Japanese pickled plum, is known to stimulate digestion and remove toxins from the body. Plus, bok choy is loaded with vitamins. Adapt this recipe by using any combo of veggies.

Dinner: Vegetable Bean Chili

soup

Photo courtesy of furtherfood.com

Chili may seem like more than a soup (it is), but it can still be part of your detox. Beans are a great source of protein and, combined with other vegetables and spices, provide a heartiness to this simple dish.