On Monday, April 20th, 2015, 36,000 runners from around the world lined up in Hopkinton, Massachusetts and embarked upon the world’s most celebrated 26.2-mile journey to Boylston Street – the Boston Marathon.

For those who haven’t yet had the chance to run a marathon (put it on your bucket list), here’s what it feels like to cross the finish line. First, euphoria: all those early morning 20-milers paid off. Second, exhaustion. Third, hunger. Ravenous, all-consuming, my-esophagus-isn’t-wide-enough hunger.

Every runner has his or her own post-run food rituals. Here’s a rundown of some of the wildest post-race rituals we witnessed after Marathon Monday:

A Pan of Brownies

marathon

Photo by Alison Mally

“I find that the more calories I eat after the race, the better I feel. I have a ritual of making a pan or two of very greasy brownies after a race. After I’ve had a pan of brownies, I feel strong enough to start thinking about healthy food.” – Anonymous marathoner and triathlete

Roasted Artichokes Stuffed with Anchovy Paste

marathon

Photo courtesy of seriouseats.com

“Runners lose a lot of salt through sweat. I always eat a large plate of salt-roasted artichokes stuffed with anchovy paste after a long endurance event. It sounds disgusting… but trust me, nothing tastes better in the heat of the moment!” – Anonymous three-time marathoner and ultramarathoner

We’ll take your word for it.

Jar of Peanut Butter Mixed with Bananas and Pickles

marathon

Photo courtesy of edibleperspective.com

“I eat pickles to replenish to salt stores…. And the bananas are there to justify the jar of peanut butter.” – Anonymous marathoner

I’m with you, bro. PB for the win.

Deer Meat Burgers

marathon

Photo by Austin Steele

“I crave meat after a long run… at home, my dad makes delicious burgers out of deer meat instead of the traditional beef patty.” – Selena Pasadyn, Harvard Varsity Cross Country runner

Check out these other workout-inspired posts: