In January, we took a different twist on the monthly event.  With the theme of the month being #spoonbalance, and balance being an important ingredient in the best pictures, we announced a campus wide photo competition.  We challenged our colleagues to take photos of their favorite foods for the chance to be featured on our page.  The submissions we received exceeded our expectations; you would think we were going to a school for photography here.  With so many amazing shots we couldn’t pick just one, so we broke the competition into categories. Here are our favorites:

Best Sweet Photo: Kiera Beatty

JWU

Photo by Kiera Beatty

Talk about a balanced picture.  Great things come in threes!

Best Savory Photo: Josh Godman

JWU

Photo courtesy of @jgodman on Instagram

We love the color contrast here.  Not to mention our mouths were watering for this perfectly balanced dish.

Best In Class Photo: Darren Walls

JWU

Photo courtesy of @theculinary_artisit on Instagram

Nothing like capturing a chef in action.  Check out this guys Instagram to see exactly what happens in a JWU culinary class.

Best Photo Taken Abroad: Alysia Collado

JWU

Photo courtesy of @alysiamariaaa on Instagram

Bratwurst is the best wurst. Will you bring some back for us?

Best Photo Caption: Josh Godman

JWU

Photo courtesy of @jgodman on Instagram

“My Panna Cotta don’t want none unless you got carageenan.”  Talented and funny? Someone scoop this guy.

Best All Around: Shanice Y. Au

JWU

Photo by Shanice Y. Au

We couldn’t choose just one of her amazing shots.  Shanice emailed us a bunch of pictures that could have taken the whole cake.  We can’t help but share a few more with you.

JWU

Photo by Shanice Y. Au

Next time we will just take the fries please.

JWU

Photo by Shanice Y. Au

Maybe its the food that is making her look this good.

JWU

Photo by Shanice Y. Au

Thank you so much to everyone that contributed to this fun event.  Congratulations to our winners, we hope to see more great food and photos from you soon. Also thank you to Elizabeth Sheridan for your contribution which became the article’s featured image. We will bring this around again so work on taking some beautifully balanced photos.  Keep killing the game JWU.