On Saturday, October 24, 2015 from 1 pm-4 pm at Dwinelle Plaza, Spoon University at Berkeley will be hosting its second annual Spoonfest. Like last year, we’ll be serving up some good food and performances for an even greater cause.

Spoonfest

Photo by Jessica He

This year, attendees will have the chance to sample food from some of the most popular local restaurants in Berkeley, including SF Soup Company, Urbann Turbann, Great China, Cheese ‘N’ Stuff, Andronico’sChengdu Style Restaurant and Tivoli Caffe.

For those with more of a sweet tooth, we’ve got you covered as well — Cupcakin’ Bake Shop, Pacific Cookie Company, Peet’s Coffee, Sharetea, Tea Press and 723 Tea Station will be providing delicious desserts and refreshments.

Spoonfest

Photo by Jessica He

We’ll also be holding fun games and activities throughout the entire event, including raffles to win gift certificates from local restaurants and Instagram challenges for even more free food.

Food and art demonstrations will also be led by Ink at Berkeley, Student Nutrition Advocacy Club, Food Science and Tech at Cal and Outlet at Cal.

Spoonfest

Photo by Jisoo Kim

To round it all off, we will be showcasing wonderful performances by students groups. Our performers will include Artists in Resonance, Celli@Berkeley, Chinese A Capella, Decadence, Noteworthy and FCS Acapella.

Spoonfest

Photo by Jisoo Kim

But most importantly — yes, even more important than the food — is that half the proceeds from this event will go towards UC Berkeley Food Pantry, an emergency food relief supply for all students.

Interested in joining us for some good food and a good cause? Tickets can be pre-ordered online here for $5 or purchased for $6 at the door. Make sure to also join our Facebook event page for up-to-date information.

Spoonfest

Photo by Jisoo Kim

We hope to see you there!