Ordering sushi with a shellfish allergy is a nightmare. Every specialty roll consists of the dreaded shrimp, crab, and lobster. I made a list of the most popular sushi rolls that contain absolutely no shellfish. If you have a severe allergy, make sure you double-check the menu and warn your waiter. It’s always better to be safe than sorry.

Note: Order sashimi (fresh slices of fish) and nigiri (raw fish over pressed vinegar rice) with your favorite seafood to guarantee absolutely no consumption of shellfish.

Dynamite Roll

Sushi

Photo courtesy of static.wixstatic.com

Looking for something a little spicy? Order the dynamite roll, which has yellowtail, bean sprouts, carrots, avocado, cucumber, chili, and spicy mayonnaise.

Hungry Roll

Sushi

Photo courtesy of homemadedank.blogspot.com

Order this roll when you’re hungry, and you’ll immediately feel satisfied. Spicy tuna on the inside with the crispy seaweed and tempura outside makes this perfect to fulfill every sushi craving.

Teriyaki Roll

Sushi

Photo courtesy of “How to Make Sushi” on youtube.com

If you’re not a fish lover, try the teriyaki roll with avocado, chicken, and teriyaki sauce.

Alaskan Roll

Sushi

Photo courtesy of dishmaps.com

Take a wild vacation to Alaska with the delicious combination of smoked salmon, asparagus, and avocado.

Spicy Tataki Roll

Sushi

Photo courtesy of John L. on yelp.com

Spice things up with this roll. It’s filled with spicy tuna inside and topped with tuna and avocado on the outside.

Seattle Roll

Sushi

Photo courtesy of upload.wikimedia.org

Try this roll for a delicious combination of cucumber, avocado, and raw and smoked salmon.

Philly Roll

Sushi

Photo courtesy of keyword-suggestions.com

This classic sushi option of cream cheese, avocado, salmon, and sesame seeds will never let you down.

Vegetable Roll

Sushi

Photo courtesy of osakasushi.me

The safest alternative is to stick to the classic vegetable roll. This great vegan and vegetarian option includes a variety of different vegetables. Some popular combinations are cucumber, fresh carrot, scallion, avocado, and asparagus.

Dragon Roll

Sushi

Photo courtesy of bishamon-ten.com

This roll not only looks adorable but also tastes delicious with the combination of cucumber, avocado, eel, and eel sauce.

Spicy Tuna Roll

Sushi

Photo courtesy of wild-sushi.com

The name explains it all, consisting of tuna, mayo, and chili sauce.

B.C. Roll

Sushi

Photo courtesy of foodieeh.wordpress.com

This delicious combination of grilled salmon skin, cucumber, and sweet sauce is one for the books.