As we all know, being a college student means living on a budget, and living on a budget means missing out on the luxuries we once had under our parents' roofs – a good meal. Parents Weekend is the perfect time to go restaurants in Georgetown that you typically wouldn't go to. For this guide, I broke down some classic Georgetown eating spots to help you pick which ones are right for you and your parents.

If your Parents Want to See and Be Seen: Café Milano

coffee
Sabrina Sadeghian

Cuisine: Italian

Atmosphere: Moderately Fancy

Price: $$$

Café Milano is a quintessential Georgetown restaurant that is very popular with parents. It is the perfect balance of good food that students will love and a nice atmosphere that will please parents. Dishes range from rich pastas to fresh fish prepared in a way that only Italians can do.

If Your Parents Love Brunch: Farmers Fishers Bakers

Cuisine: Contemporary American

Atmosphere: Casual

Price: $$

Farmers Fishers Bakers is not only located on the Georgetown Waterfront, but it also has delicious food and a $30 all you can eat brunch, which includes things like a Gardeners Table, a Carving Table, and a dessert bar. And if that isn't enough, there are traveling trays of pizza, sushi, fishers fry, and eggs Benedict—make sure to wear stretchy pants.

If Your Parents Love Happy Hour: Mai Tha

beer, tea, coffee, wine
Sabrina Sadeghian

Cuisine: Thai/Asian Fusion

Atmosphere: Casual

Price: $$

What parent doesn't love a good deal? With $3 rolls and $4 drinks, Mai Thai's happy hour is a guarantee way to enjoy delicious food and drinks while impressing your parents with your money saving skills. 

If Your Parents Want a Picturesque View: Sequoia

wine, water
Xinwei Zeng

Cuisine: American Seafood

Atmosphere: Casual

Price: $$

The Georgetown Waterfront is a great place to bring your parents during any part of Parents Weekend, and if you're looking for a place that highlights the area, Sequoia is it. Sitting inside or outside, you can munch on tasty seafood while getting great views of the Kennedy Center and the Potomac River.  

If Your Parents are Big Spenders: 1789

Cuisine: Contemporary American

Atmosphere: Fancy

Price: $$$$

1789 (not to be confused with Fetty Wap's 1738) is one of the best restaurants in DC. From Presidents to celebrities (cough cough Leonardo Dicaprio), 1789 is the "it" spot for those visiting DC who are looking for great food and great service. Only a couple blocks from the front gates, 1789 is a staple in the Georgetown area.

If Your Parents Love Meat: Morton's The Steakhouse

beef, sauce, pork, meat
Emma Delaney

Cuisine: Steak

Atmosphere: Moderately Fancy

Price: $$$

Morton's The Steakhouse is a classic American steakhouse that is perfect for those parents who love steak and want to take you to a place that you typically wouldn't go to (unless you typically eat steak instead of Leo's, in which case kudos to you).

If Your Parents Love Pasta: Filomena Ristorante

pasta, tagliatelle, sauce, spaghetti, fettuccine, basil, mushroom, cheese
Spoon University

Cuisine: Italian

Atmosphere: Slightly Fancy

Price: $$

For those of you who want a hearty meal, look no further than Filomena's Restaurant. Just one step into the restaurant you will instantly believe you've been whisked away to a restaurant in the Italian countryside. Not to mention, each dish is heavenly.

If Your Parents Like an Adventure: Rasika

A photo posted by deeeelish (@deeee.lish) on

Cuisine: Indian

Atmosphere: Trendy

Price: $

Technically Rasika isn't in Georgetown, but they are located only a couple blocks from M street. Rasika is one of the most popular restaurants in DC not only because of its trendy vibes but because of their contemporary and progressive take on traditional Indian dishes. If you and you're parents are the adventurous types, definitely make your way over here.