Ah, Thanksgiving — the favorite holiday of gluttonous fall lovers everywhere. We all know the real reason we go home from school is for the food, and we all have that one go-to dish. This is the dish that screams “Mom, I’m home!” and makes you feel like all is right with the world, making you forget about your impending return to school and final exams.

However, did you know that your favorite dish can explain a lot? Way more than just what kind of food you like, in fact. Read on to find out what your favorite Thanksgiving food says about your personality:

Turkey, the Grandpa

Thanksgiving

Photo by Sydney Segal

You, my friend, are likely a staunch traditionalist. As someone who values tradition and dependency, you like the steady presence of your favorite bird on the table each year. You are also probably the one telling the same stories over and over again. Congrats, Grandpa. Side note: How cute are these wittle Turkeys?

Stuffing, the Sweetheart

You almost always introduce yourself with a hug rather than a handshake. The fluffy and comforting texture of stuffing mimics your warm and gentle personality, and you’ve probably never met a stranger in your life.

Sweet Potato Casserole, the Crazy One

#sweetpotatocasserole #earlythanksgiving

A photo posted by House Of Cuckoo (@houseofcuckoo) on

You can always be counted on for a good time. Marshmallows on top of a vegetable? Sure why not. You’re down for anything wacky and tacky. Speaking of wacky, here’s a deconstructed version if you are feeling fancy.

Pumpkin Pie, the Mom

Thanksgiving

Photo by Yonatan Soler

Beloved by all, much like this dessert classic, you are most likely the mom figure of your friend group. Need a napkin to get some of that pumpkin off of a cheek? You’re on it.

Green Bean Casserole, the Health Nut

Ede's famous Green Bean Casserole comes to the rescue when you just want to hunker down with some comfort food! Ingredients: 1 small yellow or white onion, thinly sliced 4-6 mushrooms, sliced 1 tbsp olive oil Salt Pepper Red pepper flakes (optional) 2-3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced 1/2 c. grated cheddar cheese 1 12-16 oz. bag frozen green beans (do not thaw) 1 12 oz. box of Cream of Mushroom condensed soup 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream French fried onions Directions: 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees; lightly oil a 2-3 quart casserole dish with olive oil. 2. In a small sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté onions until almost transparent (4-5 minutes). Add mushrooms and stir well until coated with oil. Wait two minutes. Stir. Wait another two minutes. Stir. Repeat once more. 3. Add salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and garlic; stir well. 4. Turn off the heat and let mixture cool in sauce pan for a few minutes. 5. In a small mixing bowl,combine soup and cream. 6. Place frozen beans in casserole dish lengthwise in one direction. Add cheese and onion mixture to beans and combine well. Pour soup mixture over all to cover. 7. Bake in oven (center rack) for 35-40 minutes, until casserole is bubbly around the edges and the top has started to brown lightly. Gently but generously place French fried onions on top and return to oven. Bake for another 10-15 minutes, until onions are golden brown. Serve warm and enjoy! #seamartsitka #sitkaalaska #greenbeancasserole #comfortfood #getinmybelly

A photo posted by Sea Mart (@seamartsitka) on

You’re probably an avid disciple of Crossfit or yoga or some of that health stuff and wanted to add some greens to your yearly splurge. You never miss a workout, even on Thanksgiving day. Don’t worry, we won’t tell anybody you cheated with the fried onions on top.

Cranberry Sauce, the Cheerleader

Thanksgiving

Photo by Claire Hurley

Your favorite color is pink, and you probably own enough hair bows to shame a cheerleader. Such a tooth-achingly sweet condiment can only be eaten by somebody just as sweet. You are most likely the self-appointed gratitude chair for the Thanksgiving table.

Mashed Potatoes, the Planner

Thanksgiving

Photo by Caitlin Shoemaker

For you, life is a series of well-planned appointments. Your life motto is, “Why fix it if it ain’t broke?” How true that is, especially for potatoes. Here’s how to mix up your leftover spuds.

Apple Pie, the Patriot

Thanksgiving

Photo by Erica Wong

If you didn’t already see this coming, you are as American as apple pie. The blood in your veins runs red, white and blue and you aren’t afraid to show it. Pretty on the outside, but a die-hard patriot on the inside, it’s no wonder you are such a hit at the table.