If you open the fridge in my dorm room, you won’t see the typical mini fridge snacks like yogurt or fruit. Instead, you’ll see a 26 oz. jar of Nutella, two jars of cookie butter, almond butter, peanut butter and even sunflower butter (when I’m feeling #healthy).

To me, spreads like these are quintessential to the college student’s snacking experience. You can put them on bagels or crackers, drizzle them over yogurt or apple slices, and, yes, eat them straight out of the jar. One crucial question, however, still remains. What does your favorite spread say about you?

Nutella – You’re a sweetheart

spread

Photo by Daniah Mohammed

The classic Nutella is as sweet and creative as you are. Though you often stick to the classic “from the jar” method to eat it, you also push the boundaries by mixing Nutella into various desserts. If your favorite spread is Nutella, it means you’re also a loyal friend. You’ve stuck by Nutella’s side even though Hershey’s and Reese’s have released their own takes on hazelnut chocolate spread. You go Glen Cocoa.

Peanut Butter – You’re old-fashioned

spread

Photo by Connie Fan

Peanut butter, which dates back to the Aztecs and Incas, is a spread that has stood the test of time – and you like that about it. In fact, the average American has had 2000 PB&J sandwiches by the time they graduate high school.

As a peanut butter lover to this day, you’ve grown up with the spread: you had PB&J sandwiches as a kid, made peanut butter banana sandwiches for a post-workout snack and even dipped Oreos in your PB&J à la Hallie Parker and Annie James in The Parent Trap. January 24, National Peanut Butter Day, is basically your second birthday.

Jelly – you’re adventurous

spread

Photo by Amanda Shulman

There are many flavors of jam and jelly to name: strawberry, grape, apricot, boysenberry, blackberry and even coffee jelly. You’ve tried them all, because you always try things, and can be found doing your thing at the toast/bagel/bread station in the dining hall. You stand out.

Marshmallow Fluff – You’re playful

spread

Photo courtesy of @treat.factory on Instagram

Everyone knows that marshmallows are one of the most versatile dessert ingredients there is. You had fluffernutters as a kid and you still retain that childlike innocence and playfulness as an adult by using fluff in rice Krispie treats, ice cream sandwiches and brownies.

Cookie Butter – You’re unstoppable

spread

Photo courtesy of @mamakaledit on Instagram

I may be slightly biased, but if your favorite spread is cookie butter, you and I should be friends. Cookie butter, made from speculoos cookies, is perfect for any dessert.

Use it on top of celery sticks (#antsonalog), drizzle it over ice cream, make cookie butter cream cheese (yep, it’s a thing), or be bold and buy the Ben and Jerry’s Spectacular Speculoos™ cookie butter core flavor. You can literally conquer the world with cookie butter by your side, making you unstoppable.

Vegemite – You’re unique

spread

Photo courtesy of @vegemite on Instagram

Tbh the only time I’ve ever vegemite was when my Australian 10th grade math teacher brought it to class, and I don’t really remember what it tastes like. It’s definitely popular in Australia, and your passion for vegemite not only shows that you’re a ~world traveler~ but also someone who is unique.

Since most people don’t eat vegemite straight out of the jar, you probably creatively mix it with bread, eggs, avocado and more.

Almond Butter – You’re ambitious

spread

Photo courtesy of @barneybutter on Instagram

Almond butter is the up and coming nut spread, and the fact that it’s already your favorite shows that you keep up with the times. You’re a go-getter! Many say that almond butter is a healthier alternative to peanut butter, and it can even be snuck into a recipes. Kudos to you for being modern AND healthy.

Butter – You’re more than what meets the eye

spread

Photo by Amanda Shulman

Ah, butter. So simple, yet so amazing and so versatile. After all, without butter, mashed potatoes would be tasteless, bread would be bland and desserts would never be the same. Life would never be the same. God bless butter.