If you have any passion for cooking, tailgating, or eating, then chances are high that you've heard of Weber Grill. The company was created in 1952 when the manufacturing of a marine buoy turned into a great idea. George Stephen Sr. worked at the Weber Brothers Metal Works and decided cut the marine buoy in half and added air vents and legs in order to make a better BBQ grill.

From this small idea, the Weber Grill was born. Today, Weber Grill is the premier manufacturer of charcoal, gas, and electric grills, grilling accessories, and award-winning cookbooks.

Weber has once again reinvented the game and has created a grill especially for tailgating (a crucial part of the fall and football). Their main goal is to provide tailgaters an easy grilling experience that delivers the quality Weber is so well known for. In a Grill Watch Weber survey Weber conducted, 76% of tailgaters responded that it is more important to have a grill than to have tickets to the game itself. You asked, and Weber responded with a superior product.
kettle, water
Delaney Burst

I almost forgot the best part—this isn't just a portable, easy-to-use grill for game-day, it's an essential part of school spirit. They have released seven university grills that reflect the schools' logos. Up to this point, Weber has only released grills for Auburn University, Florida State University, University of Michigan, University of Nebraska, University of Notre Dame, The University of Texas, and the University of Wisconsin.

These grills are easy enough for college students to use, perfect for alumni or college football fans, and great for anyone who is eager to share their school spirit on game-day. 

This specific line of grills are gas, which makes for easy use on a hectic game day. The quality is still superior and porcelain-enamled, cast iron cooking grates are utilized, which makes for easy clean up. The removable aluminum catch pan also makes clean up a breeze. Weber's Grill Master, Kevin Kolman, recommends taking apart your grill the day after tailgating and cleaning the debris out from the inside. 

kettle
Photo courtesy of Weber Grill

I had the unique opportunity to witness Kevin Kolman in action during the Auburn vs. LSU tailgate. He was grilling all day long with great ease while still managing to have a great time. I saw him create this triple-decker cheeseburger on the Weber Q University Grill.

Another tip from Kevin: in order to dress up the average hot dog you tend to get on game day, add grilled onion, bacon, cheese, basted in beer. His recommendation to dress up a burger is to make two small patties and make it into a stuffed cheeseburger. 

bacon, cheese
Delaney Burst

Want your own? You can get a Weber University Q Grill online at Weber.com for only $299 today for the college of your choice. 

Are you ridiculously jealous of these seven schools now? Wish your school had such an amazing tailgating essential? Let Weber know and vote on a grill to be added to the Weber University Grill Series on Weber.com.
coffee, beer, pizza
Photo courtesy of Weber Grill

Disclaimer: Weber Grill kindly sent Spoon-Auburn a grill for free. All opinions are my own.