Pints of ice cream alternatives and lighter ice cream lines have been filling the freezer aisle shelves recently. Brands like Halo Top, Wink, Enlightened and Arctic Zero.

This trend is where the health-conscious and the sweet tooth-ers meet. It's a solution that's a little more acceptable for those nights when you just need to skip the bowl and go straight for the pint. 

Breyers is hopping on board

Breyers, an ice cream brand everyone knows and loves, just joined the trend with the new Breyers Delights line. There are four variations coming out, morphing the new trend with classic flavors. Take your pick from Vanilla Bean, Creamy Chocolate, Cookies and Cream, or Mint Chip.

Freezing the competition

Competitors Enlightened and Halo Top have been immensely successful. Halo Top achieved a 2500% jump in sales from 2015 to 2016. That being said, it's hard to compete with a brand with the national distribution and recognition like Breyers.

With Delights as a spitting image of Halo Top's once one-of-a-kind ice cream, Breyers now has the ability to capitalize on the trend. 

It's what's inside that counts

For 260-330 calories and 20g of protein per pint, the Delights pints are sweetened with the sugar alcohol erythritol. It keeps the sugar content relatively low for a pint of ice cream. 

Noting that erythritol is a sugar alcohol about 70% as sweet as table sugar, it's nearly noncaloric and doesn't affect blood sugar. It can cause side effects of diarrhea, headaches, and stomachaches when consumed in large quantities. That means that even these pints of low-cal and lower-guilt ice cream should be eaten in moderation.

So for the summer nights when we all scream for ice cream, for a chick flick movie night when the only other necessity is a box of tissues, or to keep in the freezer for a spoonful serving when you just need something sweet, grab a pint of Breyers and find yourself delighted