When Disney announced that they would be opening Pandora - The World of Avatar in Walt Disney World's Animal Kingdom, I immediately started wondering what the food was going to be like. Would it be interesting and different? Or the same as all the other quick service cafes?

Pandora is home to two dining choices: Satu’li Canteen (a quick service restaurant) and Pongu Pongu (a quick service that only serves drinks and snacks). Both serve a very different menu from what you'll find at any of the other parks. 

Satu'li Canteen

salad, slaw, pork, rice
Kara Schiaparelli

When my family visited Animal Kingdom on the 4th of July, we decided to get lunch at the Canteen. The menu is set up different than at other quick service options at Disney. It's kind of like Chipotle where you can choose a base, a protein and then a sauce.

We got one bowl with the mixed whole grain and rice base, grilled chicken and black bean vinaigrette, and another bowl with the quinoa and salad base, grilled beef and the charred onion chimichurri. We also got one order of the vegetable curry steamed pods.

Kara Schiaparelli

Each bowl is topped with a vegetable slaw and yogurt boba balls. Out of the two bowls, the chicken one was definitely my favorite. The chicken was so flavorful and the black bean vinaigrette perfectly balanced the smokiness of the chicken. 

The steamed buns were a surprise hit. I wasn't 100% sure that I would like them, but they are a great vegetarian option. The curry had a good flavor and wasn't too spicy. It was also very filling, and I didn't even finish the veggie chips on the side.

Pongu Pongu

While we didn't get a chance to visit Pongu Pongu, I did see people walking around with the Night Blossom drink (pictured above), which is a mixture of limeade with apple and desert pear flavors with passion fruit boba balls.

If you want to learn more about the drinks or the any other foods at Pandora that I didn't try, these articles have great reviews. I can't wait to go back to Pandora and try one of their breakfast dishes and drinks