Newark, Delaware is one step closer to getting the recognition it deserves for its unique variety of food after this past weekend. The 13th annual Taste of Newark went off without a hitch and I was lucky enough to experience the event while showcasing it to the Spooniverse through Snapchat. 

After more than 3 months of planning, UD's Hospitality Business Management program came together on September 25th to bring Newark residents and students  the tastiest event of the year. 

beer, tea, coffee
Lindsay Carroll

Excitement levels rose as the various vendor's treats wafted outside of Old College. The Spoon UD team took that time to sign onto our @SpoonTV Snapchat takeover and showcase our beautiful campus.

Four large tents gave the crowd a variety of food options as they let people in. All of the vendors weren't shy about sharing their meal throughout the day, often insisting we try more than one bite. You can't say no to that. 

The Food & Drinks

pepper, vegetable, herb
Lindsay Carroll

It is safe to say that every single one of the vendors was a crowd pleaser. Grain shared a unique bacon brownie combination that only Chef Bill could pull off, while El Diablo showed what they had to offer besides their burrito bowls. All presentations were very well done.

The Atmosphere

beer, wine, pizza, coffee
Casey Irwin

The day flew by way too quickly as the samples just kept coming and SoDel Concepts brought in celebrity chef Ronnie Burkle for entertainment. Stuffed and satisfied, attenders left the thirteenth successful Taste of Newark.

There's nothing like food to bring people together, but #UDHospitality really took it above and beyond. On top of everything, half of the proceeds from the day will provide their hard working students with scholarships.

sandwich, meat, chicken
Casey Irwin

Taste of Newark is more than just a food festival. It showcases what UD has to offer and brings people together with such happiness and unmatchable energy. It was easily a highlight of my year. I'm already counting down to Taste of Newark 2017 on September 24th next year.