Ed Sheeran released his third studio album Divide on March 3, 2017 and it was completely worth the wait. If you enjoy break-up songs, romantic ballads, emotional tributes, rap, or Irish pop then Ed has got you covered.

Just as there is a wide variety of songs to listen to on his new album, there are tons of delicious dishes to try. I paired every Divide song with a different food or drink. Check it out and see if you enjoy these treats as much as you enjoy Ed's music.

Eraser: Tequila    

tequila, water
Christin Urso

Many people have told me that tequila makes a great mind eraser. Ed raps about the struggles of fame and how he needs to erase the pain that it causes him. I tend to bury my pain with ice cream but it sounds like tequila does the trick for Ed.   

Castle on the Hill: Pizza

cheese, tomato, sauce, pizza
Delia Johnson

I grew up going to Cape Cod in the summer and every Friday night I would order pizza on the beach with family and friends where we would all watch the sunset together. During the rest of the year I would spend Friday nights with my best friends. As soon as we knew what take-out was, we'd order pizza – I'd always beg for pineapple. In Castle on the Hill, Ed sings about his childhood friends and the memories they shared. Many of my great memories with friends involve pizza so I can't think of a better food to pair with this song. 

Dive: Peanuts 

cereal, pasture, corn, wheat, sesame seed
Erin O'Neill

As Ed sings that he could fall or fly in an "aeroplane" as he travels the world, I always think of the classic flight food of peanuts. The next time you listen to Dive, grab some peanuts. This snack will provide plenty of protein so that you will have the energy to belt out the entire album. 

Shape of You: Salmon

goody, meat, shrimp, wasabi, tuna, rice, sashimi, fish, seafood, salmon, sushi

I liked Shape of You the moment I heard it, however, it wasn't until I saw the music video that I truly appreciated it. The video depicts a determined woman with an athletic build. Ed is not objectifying her body, he's praising her hard work. I associate the song – and the music video – with salmon because the dish is very nutritious and just as enjoyable as the song.

Perfect: Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream 

dairy product, ice cream, sweet, chocolate, milk, ice, cream
Eileen Wang

Ed may be singing this beautiful ballad to his one true love but I'm singing it to my two favorite guys...Ben and Jerry. I can't think of anything more perfect than a pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream.

Galway Girl: Guinness

This upbeat tune reminds me of Guinness because both have their roots in Ireland. The song is set in a bar which is also fitting for the alcoholic beverage. The next time you listen to Galway Girl consider having a pint of Guinness too – or you can pass on the drink and grab a bag of Doritos.

Happier: Chocolate Mousse Pie 

This song rings true for anyone whose ex has moved on. I for one am always happier when I'm eating chocolate mousse pie. So if you need to fill the cracks of a broken heart then I highly recommend this delicious dessert.   

New Man: Kale 

salad, vegetable, kale, broccoli, lettuce, spinach, parsley
Katherine Baker

Ed has confessed his hatred for kale in interviews in the past. He also incorporates the super food in his clever lyrics. As you listen to Ed bash his ex's new man try some kale and see if you detest it like he does or suddenly enjoy it like his ex.

Hearts Don't Break Around Here: S'mores

Photo by Autumn Mott | Unsplash

autumnmott on unsplash

Heart Don't Break Around Here tells of a romance that began in the summer, and nothing says summer like s'mores. Ed also emphasizes that this woman will never break his heart. I for one will never stop loving s'mores – as they are the sweetest thing that I know. Plus if she truly is "the fuel that will hold the flame" then they can roast s'mores together forever on the fire of their love.   

What Do I Know?: Cookies 

cookie, chocolate, goody, sweet, cake, pastry, candy, chocolate cookie, oatmeal cookie
Luke Pottenger

This song has great rhythm and an even better message. Ed reminds listeners that love has the ability to change the world and that life is about much more than fitting in your jeans. Going with this positive message I'd definitely recommend having cookies when you listen to this song but then again what do I know?

How Would You Feel: Chocolate & Peanut Butter

cream, goody, jam, cookie, candy, chocolate, cake, pastry, sweet
Charlotte Close

In this sweet song Ed describes the scene of stealing kisses in the front yard. This makes me think of the world's favorite couple...chocolate and peanut butter. Although this may not have been exactly what he had in mind, I associate that line with kisses of the chocolate variety. How would you feel if I told you that you could have the entire batch of peanut butter kiss cookies to yourself? 

Supermarket Flowers: Box of Chocolates 

This heartbreaking tribute tune reminds me of a box of chocolates. I picture Ed picking up a box of chocolates when he purchases the flowers from the supermarket. The sad and relatable nature of the song also makes me want to devour an entire box of chocolates.    

Barcelona: Sangria

jam, sweet, marmalade, gelatin, juice, tea
Emily Genzer

I bet you know what drink I paired with this fun song. That's right, it's Sangria. Although I wish I could be in Barcelona right now, this song is the next best thing. So the next time you are dancing in the street jamming to this song, make sure you fuel your dance moves with a glass of Sangria.

Bibia Be Ye Ye: Mango

sweet, milk
Alex Weiner

Bibia Be Ye Ye makes me think of a PG-13 version of Hannah Montana's hit Nobody's Perfect. Ed reminds fans that everyone makes mistakes from time to time but it is essential to be honest and live life to the fullest. This song reminds me of mangos because both are very colorful. I definitely regret eating an entire bag of dried mangos but that doesn't mean I wouldn't do it again.  

Nancy Mulligan: Irish Soda Bread

As I listen to Ed reminisce on the love story of his grandparents, I can practically smell the aroma of Irish Soda Bread. Although I'm barely Irish, it's a family tradition to have Irish Soda Bread every St. Patrick's Day. I have a feeling that Nancy Mulligan had a great soda bread recipe when she was living in Wexford, Ireland. 

Save Myself: Apple

apple, sweet
Christine Pritula

I can't listen to this song without getting a little bit emotional because I too have been guilty of giving all my oxygen to others. That is why it's important to take a break and grab a highly nutritious apple every so often to save myself.  Once I'm well rested though I'm happy to invite others to go to an orchard with me for a fun day of apple-picking.

Next time you listen to Ed Sheeran's Album Divide, grab one of these treats for the ultimate experience.